Splinter Cell: Conviction

Grinwhrl

Played the demo, was alright. I'm kinda burned out on the Splinter Cell games to be honest, and although I can see they're really trying to spice it up and I can appreciate the position of making a 5th game in a series, then it doesn't change the fact that Sam Fisher is just dull as hell, at least to me.

Reason I'm gonna pick this one up is the co-op, looks like it could very well be worth the price of admission. Still wish the old school SC versus MP was there, had some pretty good fun with that in Double Agent.

yeah I kinda agree. New characters would be a refreshing way to continue the series in my opinion and at least you will get a taste of that in conviction ;) But a new star(main character) could really re ignite the series. Oh, but who can replace Ironside though, hes awesome and can crush you with his stare! :quagmire:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what the game is trying to be, really. Doesn't seem like it cares whether I know that or not either. You can kinda play it like a shooter, or kinda not. Feels like it's in some weird middle ground between a cover shooter and the original games. And the targeting system economy just seems bizarre and forced.

Not sure what the game is trying to be, really. Doesn't seem like it cares whether I know that or not either. You can kinda play it like a shooter, or kinda not. Feels like it's in some weird middle ground between a cover shooter and the original games.

Its called variety :P

Not sure what the game is trying to be, really. Doesn't seem like it cares whether I know that or not either. You can kinda play it like a shooter, or kinda not. Feels like it's in some weird middle ground between a cover shooter and the original games.

I could go on about why I think that's the last thing I want out of a Splinter Cell game, but I d rather not tread on "hasn't played the full game, will appear like a jack ass" territory.

Ubisoft is homogenizing the last great stealth-em-up series? That's disappointing. :(

Ubisoft is homogenizing the last great stealth-em-up series? That's disappointing.

Well, if u enjoy the last ones, I guess. I prefer what they have done to the series as it needed to be refreshed. It was a dead series after DA, which is why it was rebooted differently in the first place. Even for all of the people who say Chaos Theory was a Gem, its mostly Nostalgi. I remeber when Chaos Theory came out and all the same complaining was there, low review scores, very mediorce game. I didnt buy it because of it. Everyone who is an old school splinter will probably have complaints but at the end of the day, Conviction is a new take on a dead breed of grandma stealth. :P And I for one prefer it dispite some crappy design descisions.

Yeah, that's understandable, since the game needs to sell lots of copies to justify its production cost. I just want to see another high quality stealth-focused game like the Thief series and Splinter Cell days of yore. :)

Is it still going to score your performance better for going the stealth route ala DA or is that not yet public info?

Serenius, yes you will have performance points based on stealth.

HP, try the demo on the 360 and see if u like it. It does give you a good feel for the game. There will be alot more variety in the full game like previous splinter cell games have had too.

I like using my tv and sound system while sitting on my couch for these types of games. So I would say 360, but if u want better aiming mechanics pc will always be your choice. You will have to put up with Ubi's crappy DRM :/ for at least a month I think. Not sure how long they plan on using it.

Not impressed tbh. It feels more like gears of war than choas theory. I have played the demo quite a few times and can't find out how to do some of the situations stealthy

well the after you slide down the pipe

. Also it was really sort for a single player demo, If it had a co-op missions as well it might have been worth the download but as it stand not at all impressed. Still looking forward to the co-op though so I will be buying it.

• 2 weeks later...