• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ginger Lord was telling me today how bad the SP was, with multiple occurrences of getting stuck over a 10 minutes play session. Getting in buildings with no way outs until you snipe two guys at a distance with no hint whatsoever as to what to do etc...

This is pretty standard fare. Hard to single it out. It's the unwritten rule of your buddies can open doors but you can't. Nothing new.

The pacing, the smaller enemy count and the subject matter help it out a lot. Lean and slide don't hurt either. It's less spectacle and flash than maybe expected, but allows for a breather and more paced encounters, I think.

Taking it for what it is, it works.

I'm buying Black Ops because;

> Vietnam War is always awesome

> Deer Hunter Russian roulette reference!

> Soviet Missile base infiltration.

> Soviet army in NAM!

> Looks OTT, but cool as Hell.

Medal Of Honour looks generic and dull, and is obviously trying to cap on COD's success, no thanks.

First reviews are up. This is definitely turning to be the biggest flop of 2010...

Creutz says that with the game positioned as a challenger to Activision’s (ATVI) Call of Duty franchise in the first-person shooter genre, he was hoping for scores in the 85-90% approval range. “Failing to achieve this target would be a bit of a black eye for EA management given the amount of focus and hype they have placed on the game,” he writes. “We believe the mixed reviews could impact the title’s legs as it will likely be competitively disadvantaged once Activision releases Call of Duty: Black Ops.”

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdail ... hoobarrons

Nothing new.

This sums it up in 2 words. Its a "ticks the boxes" FPS.

It is, but it seems odd everyone's taking a dump on this with Black Ops around the corner, which will surely garner the coveted 85-90% with the same exact faults, simply staged behind a veil of a lot of shit exploding every 10 feet and dubious phrases like 'production values'.

But it's still a poor game...

It's actually a pretty competent game. Nothing so far has indicated to me that it was poorly made.

Nothing new.

This sums it up in 2 words. Its a "ticks the boxes" FPS.

But it's still a poor game...

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/revie ... 2?type=flv

After watching this, I don't have the impression that it's a "poor" game. It just seems that the "realistic" military shooter genre is being dominated by the CoD franchise and this MOH reboot doesn't bring enough new to the table to cut it. I like the time challenge feature to compete with your friends, but that is clearly not enough. I feel bad for EA. They are trying so hard to catch up to Actiblizz... :(

It's funny. I cant' say here I don't like the game because it is:

- non-COD series so I'm a COD fanboy and I'm saying it just for hate

- I don't like the some gameplay elements so I'm retarded and it's actually great piece of gameplay and again I'm a COD fanboy

Wrong guys, I'm just saying I don't like it. Cool, that you wanna convince me but I'm sure what I'm saying (and I'm not a COD fanboy)...