Dragon Age: Origins [BioWare]

dux

Yea mages are awesome in this game. Infact i have 3 of them in my party now (my char, Morrigan and Wynne). So much fun to combine spells for more carnage.

2dchris:

I killed Flemeth yesterday. Was maybe the hardest fight that i had in the game. Wasn't allowed to use Morrigan in the quest which usualy freezes my enemys to make them harmless and more vulnerable.

Don't know how long it took, maybe half an hour. I used something like 25 lyrium potions and 25 health potions to kept my party going. Was worth it tho. Afterwards you get a powerful robe for Morrigan and a magic book that you can give her as a gift. She really likes my character now.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad you guys have come into the light of the maker and see this game for it's awesomeness 8)

My char laying some more smackdown:

screenshot2009111503315.jpg

Me and Alistair laying some extra smackdown:

screenshot2009111502091.jpg

These are a few days old, we have total pimp armour now. Alistair has a set of Knight commander templar armour, looks pimp. And I have Dragonbone Plate and Dragonblood Plate. Btw if you guys register your cd key the golem quest get's unlocked and you get free Blood armour!

my mage mostly has wisdom for mana, got something like 50 ... seems more effective to cast more spells than less with a bit more damage.

I play a mage and I mostly do damage but im also specced as a backup spirit healer, pimps when you spend time to setup several good tactics :D, i usually take control of alistar and tank encounters leaving my mage to kick ass/heal

So who was your favourite party member? Mine was Morrigan then Oghren then Zavran then Alistair then Wynne then Lilianna then Sten. I never got to try Shale.

Some of the best lines were from Oghren, especially when he's drunk in camp. complaining that your dog has stolen his pants even though he's still wearing them.

Morrrigan, Zavran then Alistar I guess :P

I don't like Sten much, the Dwarf is a cool character but right now i don't have room for a melee dps roll since I use Zavran for _insane_ dps, the cute human chick is ok but not really into arrows right now since I use two mages. Dogs really meh but i hear some funny dialog comes when using it. Healer woman is yeah pretty boring but Zavran has some awesome lines talking about her boosems ;P Alsitar also quote her to mend his broken clothes because she's so motherly lol

Just finished it. Took me 79 hours. According to the stats i solved 42% of the game and i only saw 90% of the locations.

My final thoughts on the game:

PROS

- epic main quest

- incredible depth to character development and relations within the party

- the plot is like a tree with so many different branches and full of surprises. your decisions really have an impact on the game world. the npc's will remember if you were good or bad to them. it's possible that due to your decissions people get killed that would have been useful to you later in the game.

- combat system is quite nice

- replay value seems a lot higher then for your average singleplayer game

CONS

- environments. sometimes they are nice to look at but often enough you find yourself in a dungeon that reminds you of half life 1 era games

- repetitive, forgetable music. Nothing like the awesomness of the Mass Effect soundtrack

- boring dungeon design. unfortunately thats a disease all modern rpg's suffer from. There were a couple of nice riddles but they were not more then half a dozen of them in the whole game

- not enough different enemys. fighting the same dozen enemys over and over again in a game of this lenght gets repetitive and boring after a while. Felt almost like a chore near the end

SUMMARY

Dragon Age: Origins is a very nice RPG but it's quite flawed in some aspects. For fans of classic western fantasy rpg's it is a must. It has a lot in common with some of the classics of the genre. Think Ultima 7 in a modern look.