Dragon Age: Origins [BioWare]

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

List of locations and which character joins you there. It doesn't really spoil anything imo, and it's good to get from me instead of having to browse trough spoilers on /v. And it helps you get the characters as fast as possible.

Wynne ~ Mages tower

Ogren ~ Orgrimmar

Zevran ~ After you clear your first level

Morrigan ~ Kokari wilds

Lianna ~ Lothering

Dog ~ after lothering

Shale ~ Dlc

Alister ~ Kokari wilds

Sten ~ Lothering

3 hours in and i'm a bit underwhelmed so far tbh. Pretty standart RPG, have some trouble to get immersed. Looks and feels a bit like Oblivion with not much freedom. GFX are quite bad considering the small size of the locations. It would be acceptable for an open world rpg but it isnt one of them.

Biggest disappointment is the dialogue system. I expected something as immersive and advanced as in Mass Effect but its a big step backwards to a standart dialogue system.

I will keep playing and hope that it gets better.

Holy shit dutch site has it for 22,- it's from EA store.

http://www.game-card.net/component/virt ... 5&vmcchk=1

Anyone know what kind of DRM it uses, one time activation, do you need to be online every time you wanna play.

Also what's the deal for bioware and EA, do they get like an even cut weather or not the store is selling it at a discount, how does that work.

3 hours in and i'm a bit underwhelmed so far tbh. Pretty standart RPG, have some trouble to get immersed. Looks and feels a bit like Oblivion with not much freedom. GFX are quite bad considering the small size of the locations. It would be acceptable for an open world rpg but it isnt one of them.

Biggest disappointment is the dialogue system. I expected something as immersive and advanced as in Mass Effect but its a big step backwards to a standart dialogue system.

I will keep playing and hope that it gets better.

Same here. Played for a few hours and all I can think is "eeeehhhh". It's decent, but it's not mind-blowingly awesome like Mass Effect was. I'll give it a fair shot, but as of right now, I'm unimpressed.

the screenshot's aren't helping :P, this game is pretty ugly. I want to try it though just to see what people like about it, maybe i'll pick it up cheap some time later. It doesn't really seem like the kind of game that I would be getting much inspiration or idea from, as a developer though.

anyway:

egad.jpg

I'm surprised you guys are struggling to get into this. This to me is like the fantasy version of mass effect. And I'm enjoying this more than mass effect.

The difference is Mass Effect felt very fresh from the start and insanely polished when it comes to story and dialogues. I would say that was the main thing that made it stand out and so enjoyable. Dragon Age on the other hand is a very oldschool RPG that doesnt seem to bring anything new to the table. Story and dialogues are rough around the edges, heck i dont even care about my character. He looks like a douchebag and doesn't speak in dialogues. The game in generel feels not very polished. I assume they spent a lot more of their ressources on ME 2.

Holy shit the amount of polish and attention to making everything as easy and smart as possible is what really tips this game in to greatness imo. And the dialog is on par with Chris Avallone games, I especially like the exchanges between your buddies. If it had unlimited respec from the get go, it would have been ze perfect rpg.

Story and dialogues are rough around the edges, heck i dont even care about my character. He looks like a douchebag and doesn't speak in dialogues. The game in generel feels not very polished.

This, plus the voice acting is very sub-par and the dialog just doesn't seem to be there. Also, the animations just seem thrown together. Graphically, the exteriors look great, but the interiors are very bland. The game plays/feels like a medieval KOTR, which isn't a bad thing, but the problem is that it doesn't seem to have updated anything from it. Because of all these reasons and Stepp's reasons, I'm finding it very hard to become immersed in Dragon Age. Dunno, maybe Mass Effect just set the bar too high for me :/