Sign in to follow this  
Gloglebag

Battlefield Bad Company 2

I don't see anyone bitching about health regenerating in Call of Duty, and it does keep the game paced rather than people crawling into corners, hiding and hoarding medkits/medhubs. Health Regen has become so common now in games that people loathe it, but truth to be told it's one way to keep people away from turtling. I've been playing BF2142 again lately and often find myself diving for cover when on low health and just HOPE for an Assault player to pass by with the medhub out.

What? People turtle with health regen all the time, to give their health a chance to kick back in safety from behind cover.

Health packs are hardly a better option, the perfect health system future is the Max Payne system of hotkey'd health items you carry with you. :) Or, alternatively, MGS3's or Far Cry 2's, I'm so over dudes not pulling out bullets when they've been shot.

What? People turtle with health regen all the time, to give their health a chance to kick back in safety from behind cover.

For maybe a few seconds.

Health packs are hardly a better option, the perfect health system future is the Max Payne system of hotkey'd health items you carry with you. :) Or, alternatively, MGS3's or Far Cry 2's, I'm so over dudes not pulling out bullets when they've been shot

Now, I agree with this.

Battlefield 1942... oh how I miss thee. Hopefully this will truly make the series shine. That gameplay video looked amazing, and not to mention those have got to be some of the best sound effects I have heard for a video game in a long time.

You know what I hate?

Running around picking things up in an online shooter.

I don't want to spawn with no guns, I don't want to have to hunt down medipacks. Fuck you, give me everything at once.

Yeah I enjoyed the old way that games did things. But I enjoyed them then. Can we as an industry move forward and at least TRY some new ideas instead of shitting on them from the start.

I never noticed anything wrong with CoD4's regenerating health. But then I play on hardcore servers where the game is actually fun. And surviving a firefight comes down to not getting hit in the first place.

Remember in thos eold realism shooters where getting hit made you move really slow, or fucked up your aim. And you sat there bleeding to death praying you could die so you would respawn with a fresh dude? Yeah that was bullshit and it's a good thing that shit is dying out. If it's not fun then fucking get rid of it.

Uh, Rick, did I read that wrong or did you just hate all the haters for saying that regenerative health is bad and defend it by saying you played on hardcore servers (were you got killed by 1 shot anyways).

?

Hey I never said I was not a hypocrite.

Just that I won't avoid a game because of regenerating health. Same as I won't avoid a game because it stars a bald space marine. The game itself might be fantastic, regardless of some of the mechanics they've used.

I'm also not saying I'm right., it's just my opinion :quagmire: