WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WIP for my Portal 2 mod.

A small thing a made for tf2.

Posted Images

On 2/27/2021 at 11:28 PM, zombi said:

I'm learning editor for black ops 3 and I making simple house to practice. Still need tons of details, but slowly brush work and textures are finished.

409v0qN.jpg

Oh wow, they have an editor in the PC version!? I always thought that they kept these games locked down with a chastity belt.

Are people playing custom content? How does it work. (In terms of finding and using it).

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

Oh wow, they have an editor in the PC version!? I always thought that they kept these games locked down with a chastity belt.

Are people playing custom content? How does it work. (In terms of finding and using it).

They shared with WAW and BO3 mod tools. Yeah people still playing and making new stuff for BO3, like for example exporting stuff (or recreating) from black ops cold war or making new perks, mechanics, remastering old maps etc. People love custom maps (community is super helpful) and by looking at numbers seems like steam workshop for bo3 is more popular than for csgo.

If you have black ops 3 on steam you can just download mod tools. Editor is very similar to source, but they doing some things differently, for example in black ops is a lot of scripting for simple things (adding events, music, making buyable doors), when in csgo you just assign functions to elements like door, buttons, triggers etc.

On 2/15/2021 at 10:25 PM, ThunderKeil said:

Finally got around to testing this out a bit, looks nice ( from some angles )

20210216064801_1.jpg.d5178c895a4371ab2d986795fa278201.jpg

This looks amazing!!! I am working on a map inspired by the idea of a cathedral with adjacent cloisters and a pipe organ bombsite... Seeing what you have accomplished here has given me a reality check in terms of seeing how beautiful something can be. I got a long ways to go!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Not a screenshot, but I did recently create a Monty Hall problem simulator mainly using logic entities. In my version, the cars and goats have been replaced with cash and fire:

And here's a couple of videos of me running 100 simulations:

The process of creating this simulator is a bit long and you can read about it here. However, the AddOutput command was very useful preventing the map igniting the same button the player picked during the first round (i.e. preventing something like this from happening).

You can test this simulator out yourself on my map am_muntions_cache. It's a secret area, but it's pretty easy to noclip to.

Edited by sn0wsh00
links

For those of you who have played Payday 2, here's something inspired by the Diamond Heist puzzle that I created in CS:GO:

This puzzle was created using func_door, logic_case and math_counter entities and can be found on my map am_jungle_pit. You can find a general explanation on how I did this here.

Edited by sn0wsh00
wording
On 3/29/2021 at 11:23 PM, sn0wsh00 said:

Some custom skybox terrain I created using World Machine and Twister

Pretty nice results! However, if anyone has 3DS Max 2017+ you can achieve these effects very easily by simply using some Data Channel map settings (along with displacement modifier). Just letting people know in case you want a 'free' way of doing it 🙂

• 2 weeks later...