Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

It took a while to figure out how to do it, but I actually managed to port a few of the models from Half Life: Alyx to CS:GO! (including it's skin variants)

My new lockdown project as of a week ago is to attempt to port as many of these beautiful high quality models/textures to Source 1 for other mappers to use. It's surprisingly fun to do, though each model presents a different challenge of what needs to be fixed to get it to work. Plus trying to recreate the Source 2 shaders in Source 1 is quite difficult. But I'll keep on working at it! I like a challenge, and this is fun!

20201019161740_1.jpg20201021175508_1.jpg20201019161731_1.jpg.b9f29fa4a042786f9c6aa6882178d0e2.jpg20201019161523_1.jpg

Edited by That50'sGuy

Since the wingman contest has ended I've been working on a new greybox of cs_sapper, a hostage map loosely based around the city of Bo, Sierra Leone. This is now the 9th iteration of the map layout since July. I've learned my lessons from the judge's feedback on de_dozen and from previous attempts at brushing out this map, so the focus is on layout and gameplay this time around. I don't expect any of this to remain exactly as it is, but here's where it's at currently:

49EeiwW.jpg

JepTR8a.jpg

Full album here: https://imgur.com/a/TNKtgTH

This version is way too rough to consider playtesting at this point, but if you feel like taking a run through, the current build is available here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2259031029

Hello, Mapcore!

This is my map, Return. (de_return) It is the first Counter Strike map i've made in a year and i was hoping i could get feedback about the map here! (before you know, detailing it and all.)

One downside tho, this map is only available for Counter Strike Source :(  but i do hope it doesn't ruin it! i mean, if you're a CS:GO player, you're bound to have a copy of CS:S, right?, RIGHT!?

That's all, thanks for reading!

you can download the map here: https://gamebanana.com/maps/212745

Edited by Doxypony

So I just learned something very interesting today...

There's an unused shader in CS:GO called ParallaxTest which allows for parallax mapping on textures with an alpha channel embedded in the base texture. It's actually super cool! But since it's not done and probably never will be, it's always FullBright.

It's a shame really, I'd love to use this. But I guess I'll have to pray that Valve fixes it someday. Imagine the possibilities with something like this.

20201026211712_1.jpg

Edited by That50'sGuy