Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

22 hours ago, StormCatcher.77 said:

This is Doom 2 (GZDoom) with sprites from Doom 64 and textures from OTEX. 
I plan to take a look at the Quake mapping scene in coming years when I'll done all my Doom maps.

Oh wow, it looks incredibly good, got me fooled!

I've just got back into Quake recently and slowly playing through Arcane Dimensions, seeing all that amazing stuff really wants to make you map!

Edited by blackdog

41 minutes ago, blackdog said:

I've just got back into Quake recently and slowly playing through Arcane Dimensions, seeing all that amazing stuff really wants to make you map!

I can highly recommend Menetettyjen Valtakunta if you haven't already played it. It isn't quite as visually spectacular as the more recent AD maps, but it's still pretty breath-taking in parts and it uses Copper mod which stays much more faithful to Quake's weird thematic mashup than AD.

2 hours ago, text_fish said:

I can highly recommend Menetettyjen Valtakunta if you haven't already played it. It isn't quite as visually spectacular as the more recent AD maps, but it's still pretty breath-taking in parts and it uses Copper mod which stays much more faithful to Quake's weird thematic mashup than AD.

Ah! I recently caught up with the Quakecast and heard talking a lot about the "smej"... they interviewed two Finns that participated and it really interested me to see those maps, I was planning on playing it after completing AD.

I am playing very little atm, I only played through 3 maps of the mod (to be fair the first two are massive, Foggy bottoms and the one with the monorail at the beginning, and they took me both x2 sessions to complete).

Are you making stuff for Quake @text_fish?

14 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Ah! I recently caught up with the Quakecast and heard talking a lot about the "smej"... they interviewed two Finns that participated and it really interested me to see those maps, I was planning on playing it after completing AD.

I am playing very little atm, I only played through 3 maps of the mod (to be fair the first two are massive, Foggy bottoms and the one with the monorail at the beginning, and they took me both x2 sessions to complete).

Are you making stuff for Quake @text_fish?

Quake is one of those games that keeps me coming back for a few months every year or so, and I'm always astonished by the quality content people put out for it. I've been mapping for it since it first released, but with very little to show for it publicly aside from the odd speed-map release here and there. I have a HDD full of scraps and half-finished levels which I want to release as an episode one day if I have time to piece it all together. Here's some pictures of the obligatory first base map.

Do you map for it?

M7_FREIGHT.png

M7_GKD.png

M7_LR.png

M7_OUTER.png

1 hour ago, text_fish said:

Quake is one of those games that keeps me coming back for a few months every year or so, and I'm always astonished by the quality content people put out for it.

[...]

Do you map for it?

Looks good! Would be great if you pieced it together, the beauty of Quake is you don't need to be super consistent to make an episode as such. Maybe #blocktober can come to the rescue :D

I have never mapped for Quake 😔

~

@will2k fantastic! :dance: is that gonna be a mini-sp, something more like a challenge? (I see a map like that like an A-to-B kind of map)

Edited by blackdog

21 hours ago, blackdog said:

@will2k fantastic! :dance: is that gonna be a mini-sp, something more like a challenge? (I see a map like that like an A-to-B kind of map)

Grazie :)

Could go both ways: a small focused map with linear objectives, or part of a multi-map massive project