Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Looks very cool, but the proportions look a bit off? The walls look squished vertically, or the rotunda is too narrow, hard to tell from screenshots. This type of architecture adheres to very specific ratios to be harmonic. It would be a good idea to research some of proportion rules to make sure you are in the ballpark at least :D 

Spoiler

Image result for rotunda inside

I actually liked the first one better. At least in the setting of a video game. These games we are mapping for are somewhat supposed to take you away from reality, so I liked seeing the different proprtions. In my opinion it's a lot to do with the lighting, but if you want to keep the celestial lighting from the first bunch of pictures, I suggest you could very slightly bring in the outer walls, leaving everything else the same.

Edited by Freaky_Banana

Does anyone else love to play around with projected textures? I used to have hours of fun just playing with them back when I used to make P2 maps. So I decided to have some fun with them.

Only thing is, I have no clue why this one isn't casting a shadow of the chain-link decoration when the wallpaper box has one... The world may never know.

Either way, they're lot's of fun!

20200216195102_1.jpg

Edited by That50'sGuy

8 hours ago, That50'sGuy said:

Does anyone else love to play around with projected textures? I used to have hours of fun just playing with them back when I used to make P2 maps. So I decided to have some fun with them.

Only thing is, I have no clue why this one isn't casting a shadow of the chain-link decoration when the wallpaper box has one... The world may never know.

That texture probably isn't alphatested so it's not going to cast shadows. Copy the VMT and change "translucent" to "alphatest".

3 hours ago, Klems said:

That texture probably isn't alphatested so it's not going to cast shadows. Copy the VMT and change "translucent" to "alphatest".

You're a lifesaver! Thank you so much! I actually do have it set to alphatested, but transparency is also set because that somehow stopped the issue of the chain-link texture disappearing when the player get's too far, but I think I can do without it.

EDIT: I got it to work now! Thanks again pal!

Edited by That50'sGuy

1 hour ago, That50'sGuy said:

You're a lifesaver! Thank you so much! I actually do have it set to alphatested, but transparency is also set because that somehow stopped the issue of the chain-link texture disappearing when the player get's too far, but I think I can do without it.

EDIT: I got it to work now! Thanks again pal!

In general alphatested materials should have AllowAlphaToCoverage to 1 as well, this might fix your disappearing textures issues. Keep in mind it's either translucent or alphatest, not both. Don't be like valve, keep them separate. Otherwise you'll get the worst of both worlds and your alphatested foliage/chainlinks will show through smokes.

55 minutes ago, Klems said:

In general alphatested materials should have AllowAlphaToCoverage to 1 as well, this might fix your disappearing textures issues. Keep in mind it's either translucent or alphatest, not both. Don't be like valve, keep them separate. Otherwise you'll get the worst of both worlds and your alphatested foliage/chainlinks will show through smokes.

Thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to avoid combining Transparency and Alpha from now on. Here's how it turned out!

20200217102155_1.jpg

Maybe a minigame with a gameplay similar of CS:GO's fy_maps. When? i don't really know how fast i wil learn scripting and all the staff related to all the components that make a game.

Edited by Serialmapper