Jump to content
Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Recommended Posts

de_archives

After days of countless threats, a small terrorist group has launched an attack on a small town outside of Grosseto, Italy.

The group hopes to hold the archives complex for it's powerful strategic position, and high elevation.

Thankfully, a GIS Counter-Terrorist squad has made efforts against the group, leaving only the most powerful members alive, holding a formidable position in the archives complex...A tough scenario lies ahead for both sides of the conflict.

Workshop link https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1702736973

Screenshots - https://imgur.com/a/wyyaZ95

Overview Radar Image

4awao1O.png

Trailer - 

 

Let me know if you have any feedback. Would love to make this better. Thanks! Good luck, have fun!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png.70ec9b3c12135686c30115b858392f46.png

Its gonna have 4 lanes, no middle, and two back to back bombsites (obv not connected directly). The idea was originally some sort of desert research lab, but then I saw a greenhouse project with plastic geodesic domes that had biomes, so I went with a mashup of the two ideas. One biome will be the jungle and the other will be the savannah (a and b). I am scared that the theme is too much like Biome, although the dome structure, indoor areas and stuff are different. Wut u guy sthinkmap.jpg.1557cee189f16ffdb762024212fc4665.jpg

 

 

image.png

Edited by Interfearance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Interfearance said:

image.png.70ec9b3c12135686c30115b858392f46.png

Its gonna have 4 lanes, no middle, and two back to back bombsites (obv not connected directly). The idea was originally some sort of desert research lab, but then I saw a greenhouse project with plastic geodesic domes that had biomes, so I went with a mashup of the two ideas. One biome will be the jungle and the other will be the savannah (a and b). I am scared that the theme is too much like Biome, although the dome structure, indoor areas and stuff are different. Wut u guy sthinkmap.jpg.1557cee189f16ffdb762024212fc4665.jpg

 

 

image.png

I think its very interesting idea and should be done, but I think that the layout will be too confusing for a first time player. And just think how pros would play that, would it be even possible? But anyways I think its overall an grat idea and should be done! GoodLuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2019 at 3:34 PM, Interfearance said:

@Levelboi I love the Roman elements like the statues. So far I haven't seen a map that uses them!

Thank you! Yeah I haven't seen too many maps use them either. They are cool lookin! Thanks for checking out the map!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So today I felt like creating a fictional brand for all those cola props in de_border (Lecker-Cola)! And this was the result!

That 20's style poster I made for it still needs some tweaking, but I'll get to it! (Side note: "Lecker" is German for "Delicious" or "Yummy", or so I've been told by a native speaker)

If I made any mistakes with the poster grammar, please tell me! If you want to know how I made the poster, here's a little walkthrough: https://imgur.com/a/DoslOu3:)

20190428001426_1.jpg

Edited by I ♡ The 1950's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, I ♡ The 1950's said:

So today I felt like creating a fictional brand for all those cola props in de_border (Lecker-Cola)! And this was the result!

That 20's style poster I made for it still needs some tweaking, but I'll get to it! (Side note: "Lecker" is German for "Delicious" or "Yummy", or so I've been told by a native speaker)

If I made any mistakes with the poster grammar, please tell me! If you want to know how I made the poster, here's a little walkthrough: https://imgur.com/a/DoslOu3:)

20190428001426_1.jpg

My advice this poster need remake. I search 20's advertisement poster and the common style of these posters is that they look like oil paint. I share a sample.

Coca Cola 1920's Advertisement Sample

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2019 at 8:19 AM, Logic said:

Have had a break from mapping for a while. Finally managed to solve some timing issues in mid to make the map play well (in theory).

Will playtest with a couple of friends next week and probably make a thread after that.

 

Glad you are back dude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, I ♡ The 1950's said:

So today I felt like creating a fictional brand for all those cola props in de_border (Lecker-Cola)! And this was the result!

https://imgur.com/a/DoslOu3:)

20190428001426_1.jpg

It has already been pointed out but doesn’t look much in tone with 20s advertising. I guess you can get away with the cartoon illustration, but the palette seems way off, don’t recall ever seeing that aqua colour in that sort of stuff, was always quite warm palettes even whites as off-whites like ivory/magnolia. Not an expert but that’s what I remember.

The other big part of selling such an idea would be font choice, which are quite off atm.

in fact you could deffo sell this poster idea without illustrations and just the right combo of colour and font.

Also the brand should be the most noticeable wording on there, but is yellow, almost invisible compared to the rest.

Finally I think the aspect ratio is not ideal, I would think stuff from that era would be mostly 2:3, any standard paper size. In Day of Defeat there weren’t weird sized poster for eg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blackdog said:

It has already been pointed out but doesn’t look much in tone with 20s advertising. I guess you can get away with the cartoon illustration, but the palette seems way off, don’t recall ever seeing that aqua colour in that sort of stuff, was always quite warm palettes even whites as off-whites like ivory/magnolia. Not an expert but that’s what I remember.

The other big part of selling such an idea would be font choice, which are quite off atm.

in fact you could deffo sell this poster idea without illustrations and just the right combo of colour and font.

Also the brand should be the most noticeable wording on there, but is yellow, almost invisible compared to the rest.

Finally I think the aspect ratio is not ideal, I would think stuff from that era would be mostly 2:3, any standard paper size. In Day of Defeat there weren’t weird sized poster for eg.

And after you've followed the above advice, you need to apply some overlays and filters to make it look like a physical poster instead of a flat graphic. As a minimum, it needs some sort of paper grain, but to really sell it you should add wrinkles and folds, and maybe a few different versions with torn or folded corners revealing old posters beneath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...