WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Marcos

12 hours ago, Dimitris Politis said:

Would you be so kind to give me an example of the platform you are talking about ?

Thanks for the time :)

Well you'll have to excuse my subpar image editing skills (If I had the .VMF, I'd whip something up really quick), but something like this would be nice. (Just be sure to move it back behind the bars instead of where I put it. I only did it to make it easier to edit) Just add some cover onto the platform and it could be an interesting spot. Though you'll have to test that yourself since I'm not entirely sure ?

mid-house-fromCTview.jpg.8449d8b87edea31acb2ca42222dfc247.jpg

Edited by I ♡ The 1950's

@I ♡ The 1950's

Now Im kinda stuck. I started making all the floor into displacements

and texturing a bit left and right but the thing is I DON'T LIKE ANY OF THE

DEFAULT TEXTURES.

Am I too much in my head? I also don't like using already used props. I think I'm

just too much in my head.

I removed all the displacements and put all the dev textures again. Now I'm trying to clean up

the layout a bit.

I have a question, is it better to have solid brushes or to make them hollow for easier manipulation? Thanks.

11 minutes ago, TECHNICKER said:

I have a one question guys. will the radar upload to the workshop automaticly?

Yes.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/CSGO_Map_Publish_Tool

The map publish tool will automatically pack certain files if present. If any of the files are on disk at the time the map is selected for upload, the tool will add these to the BSP's pak file for you.

• maps/mapname.nav file used for bot navigation.
  • maps/mapname.txt file used to populate the loading screen text.
  • maps/mapname.kv file used to specify default game mode, character skins and other options .
  • resource/overviews/mapname_radar.dds used for the radar and spectator overlays.
  • resource/overviews/mapname_radar_spectate.dds, an optional file used for the spectator overview if you would like your overview to look different than your radar. If this doesn't exist, it falls back to using the radar file.
  • maps/cfg/mapname.cfg, a cfg file to run when this map loads (used to support custom game modes).

Other files (for example, custom materials and textures not shipped with CSGO) need to be packed in the bsp separately using bspzip or third party tools. Note: Pakrat will corrupt some CSGO Nav files, so it's best to let the map publish tool do the nav file packing.

4 hours ago, TECHNICKER said:

Just one question guys. How can I get props, textures and all those things from new dusts? And can I use it in my map freely? (I gusess so since there are some assets from newferno and newdust in hammer) 

Every asset from the new dust2 is available already in the hammer editor, under the name hr_dust, all valve made assets from any of their games are free to use as long as its within one of there games.