Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

@PogoP you can make your own thread in the 3D section or Gaming/Game Development if you're pursuing this as a serious project. But this works fine too. Any more info about it, inspiration, scope?

On 1/24/2019 at 8:32 AM, PogoP said:

Not sure where we can post stuff like this, but I've been messing about with making my own little retro shooter game for a while now. Everything is very WIP, I'm mainly just using it to learn how to code with blueprints in UE4. You can see more updates on my Twitter feed. https://twitter.com/LiamTart

Here's the latest vid showing off hitscan weapon firing and basic 2d weapon animation. So much fun to figure out all these little problems. I see making a game as a huge mountain of problems that you have to slowly solve to ascend.. lol. 

And another vid that shows off the first implementation of the lit weapon sprite, and the door blueprint in action: 

How did you make that gun sprite? I've got my mind set on a similar genre and style

New Wip: Penrose . The philosophy this one is pretty simply, the higher up you go on the spiraling prism, the less dance floor you have at your leisure 

Penrose_Wip1.PNG

Penrose_Wip2.PNG

@General Vivi It's a really cool idea ! And great execution !

I have the feeling that the sphere hits the player maybe a few frames too early, it would be a bit more permissive to make it hurt the player a bit later and maybe this scary ennemy would be even more impressive if it got even closer ? Just a thought :)

So I'm about to start working on a map of Germania, the German Reich World Capital that was never constructed. I'm taking a huge inspiration from the version depicted on Man In the High Castle. My Only Question before I start work on it is: Am I Allowed to use Swastikas on the Map? or do they have to be Iron Crosses?

ben-mcdougal-204-germania-reel.jpg