Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Hi guys!  I haven't really posted here for awhile; trying to step up and post a little more!

Honestly terrified of posting this but I've been practicing on exterior scenes, planning on working on the Skyline, redoing the Tree's and having a small stream running down the middle

forest2.png.27a45cef174f0771384e59a2dd72d465.png

5 hours ago, LORDDEATH said:

So I'm about to start working on a map of Germania, the German Reich World Capital that was never constructed. I'm taking a huge inspiration from the version depicted on Man In the High Castle. My Only Question before I start work on it is: Am I Allowed to use Swastikas on the Map? or do they have to be Iron Crosses?

ben-mcdougal-204-germania-reel.jpg

They're prohibited symbols in some countries, so your safest bet would definately be to not include them. That being said, it'd probably not be a huge issue, as apparantly plenty of WW2 games have used it so far (and swapped it for an Iron Cross depending on what country the player is in). I guess it also depends on what the goal of your map is:

A scene? - Doesn't seem like a huge issue to me.

MP map? - Iffy, as it means one team will be the "Nazi's".

SP map? - I'm guessing you'll be battling the Nazi's in that case.

5 hours ago, CWardee said:

Hi guys!  I haven't really posted here for awhile; trying to step up and post a little more!

Honestly terrified of posting this but I've been practicing on exterior scenes, planning on working on the Skyline, redoing the Tree's and having a small stream running down the middle

forest2.png.27a45cef174f0771384e59a2dd72d465.png

Absolutely no need to be terrified. This is looking great :)

14 hours ago, LORDDEATH said:

So I'm about to start working on a map of Germania, the German Reich World Capital that was never constructed. I'm taking a huge inspiration from the version depicted on Man In the High Castle. My Only Question before I start work on it is: Am I Allowed to use Swastikas on the Map? or do they have to be Iron Crosses?

Well, the Iron Cross is probably your best bet if you want people in countries like Austria to be able to see/play it.

Also, cool idea! I love anything related to Germany since I have lot's of heritage from there 😛

Edited by I ♡ The 1950's

4 hours ago, I ♡ The 1950's said:

Well, the Iron Cross is probably your best bet if you want people in countries like Austria to be able to see/play it.

Also, cool idea! I love anything related to Germany since I have lot's of heritage from there 😛

Yeah I'm a big WW2 Buff/ Reenactor. My Family were on both sides of the war. (RAF on the Allies, SS and SA in the German Reich) I reenact as a wehrmacht infantry unit so thats pretty cool. Plus I love dystopian worlds and societies so this will be a perfect map for me to build!

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 4:17 PM, LORDDEATH said:

Yeah I'm a big WW2 Buff/ Reenactor. My Family were on both sides of the war. (RAF on the Allies, SS and SA in the German Reich) I reenact as a wehrmacht infantry unit so thats pretty cool. Plus I love dystopian worlds and societies so this will be a perfect map for me to build!

Nice! I have a grandmother who was born in the Third Reich, and my great grandfather was an SA, so I can't wait to see what you make!

Edited by I ♡ The 1950's

I've added a few more buildings at T-Spawn in Reich. I hope I can get the map playtested soon!

20190208133957_1.jpg

20190208133959_1.jpg

20190208134008_1.jpg

And this right here is a sneak peak at Bombsite-B.

Edited by I ♡ The 1950's
Fixed a gramatical error.

If I can give you one tip is to blockout the whole map before you start making the actual buildings :) I used to make this mistake all the time and because of that I finished like 5% of the maps I started haha.

2 minutes ago, Minos said:

If I can give you one tip is to blockout the whole map before you start making the actual buildings :) I used to make this mistake all the time and because of that I finished like 5% of the maps I started haha.

That's true :) I actually have the whole layout already finished and I'm just awaiting some last minute feedback from playtesters.