WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Marcos

On 2017-02-23 at 2:35 AM, CWardee said:

Still a work in progress the river especially needs to be fixed up!

pic1.thumb.png.87a1dd105040ec528af85b0af14d3e98.png

I really like this shot, especially the little stone bridge you used to run on as a kid! :D

However, I really think you should add a dividing line alongside the beach. I'm not good at photobashing but gave it a try to show what I mean. Maybe not as prominent as I made it but I think you get the point :)

bash.jpg

Edited by Sjonsson

6 hours ago, Sprony said:

My brain is wired in a weird way that whenever someone says Antarctic research base, it has to look like The Thing otherwise it won't compute.

That's actually what I initially planned but I sucked at designing a layout conducive to csgo (had to wall off a lot of open ground without making it feel constricted)

Ended up going with the south pole's research station. Its elevated base and underground tunnels/dome gave a lot of easy ways to "wall off" routes:

350px-SouthPoleStationDestinationAlpha.jI88aLRmg.jpg

7H6Fnfz.pngTWO2Qlvg.jpgz

Still planning on small easter egg references like the coil/petri dish and outpost 31 though :D

On 2/26/2017 at 0:02 PM, kinggambit said:

That's actually what I initially planned but I sucked at designing a layout conducive to csgo (had to wall off a lot of open ground without making it feel constricted)

Ended up going with the south pole's research station. Its elevated base and underground tunnels/dome gave a lot of easy ways to "wall off" routes:

Have you seen this: 

On 2/26/2017 at 6:02 PM, kinggambit said:

Still planning on small easter egg references like the coil/petri dish and outpost 31 though :D

I can understand that. The easter eggs are a good idea, you could do many without it feeling out of place.

Looking good!

I should hang the lights in the first screen closer to the ceiling (and maybe not that close to the walls).

It feels when walking there you will bump your head against it. 

And on the last screenshots there could be a another ceiling light more in the back of the room.

But besides these two things it looks nice!

On 2/26/2017 at 3:37 AM, kinggambit said:

Lk7jEzT.jpg

Really digging the huge skylight dome you have here! Adds a lot of interest to the area in terms of geometry and lighting. Starting to wish Portal 2 took place on the surface! :P

On 2/21/2017 at 8:17 PM, Corvus said:

Untitled-9.png

Beautiful contrast and stunning reflections! What engine is this developed in?

2 hours ago, Roald said:

Looking good!

I should hang the lights in the first screen closer to the ceiling (and maybe not that close to the walls).

It feels when walking there you will bump your head against it. 

And on the last screenshots there could be a another ceiling light more in the back of the room.

But besides these two things it looks nice!

Hey, thank you! I just saw thanks to you pointing it out that i haven't attached the lamps to the actual ceiling in the first screen..

3 minutes ago, GRiNET said:

Hey, thank you! I just saw thanks to you pointing it out that i haven't attached the lamps to the actual ceiling in the first screen..

I didn't noticed they weren't attached to the ceiling :D But yea u should fix that haha. I ment that the wires of the lamps are too long so the lamps are hanging too low in my opinion