Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

de_gondola_snap.jpg

This would look a lot better with the props lit, but I had to use fast compile; the normal compile is taking like 20+ hours though, so clearly I've done something wrong here.

Is this a map anyone would be interested in playtesting if I got it optimized properly?

de_gondola_snap2.jpg

Edited by Squeebo

2 hours ago, blackdog said:

I have more of a problem with the vertical railings, to me the space feels quite of the right size.
Such a wide simmetry looks a bit boring though, door at the end is highly impractical.

Rule of cool

9 hours ago, Squeebo said:

de_gondola_snap.jpg

This would look a lot better with the props lit, but I had to use fast compile; the normal compile is taking like 20+ hours though, so clearly I've done something wrong here.

Is this a map anyone would be interested in playtesting if I got it optimized properly?

de_gondola_snap2.jpg

looks intresting. I can look at the VMF for you if you want?

On 7/16/2016 at 9:41 AM, VIOLATION said:

@kinggambit that looks incredible man, you've really improved since the map you were working on for the contest

I just got back from Seattle last night and got some inspiration, but I'm just about to head out again on another trip so before it passed I quickly pieced together a modern townhouse type scene. Sorry for no compile.

5a710fb22cbf640282bae8e7ad38225d.jpg

0fa09069ea8224fa71171d641fa55b27.jpg

9fc64375ad7a367d861edd8b6e913b0c.jpg

c363dd48bd346247906aa7a953e04285.jpg

Used a bunch of assets from agency and resort as well, so cheers to those creators!

This is pitch perfect. When I first scrolled past, I was like, "hey it's my neighborhood!" I see a lot of screenshots of people trying to get the feel of a certain city and it's usually with mixed results, buy you nailed it. Would love to see you take a stab at a full level. :)

Playing with the open landmass approach to source mapping, will really only serve as a scenic map for Garry's mod when it is done.

3Ozoq5n.jpg

1 hour ago, slavikov4 said:

cs_neightborhood
ct spawn north

20160820184420_1.jpg

looks good but i think some of the red brick textures could be changed to something more apealing, (the entrances can stay the same if you like)

22 hours ago, Bastion said:

Playing with the open landmass approach to source mapping, will really only serve as a scenic map for Garry's mod when it is done.

3Ozoq5n.jpg

I heard this mentioned before, but can you spare me the search (I'm on mobile) and elaborate a bit how it works? Thought was only for skybox

Just now, blackdog said:

I heard this mentioned before, but can you spare me the search (I'm on mobile) and elaborate a bit how it works? Thought was only for skybox

Garry's mod has a few niche gamemodes, in this case gamemodes such as RP (not-darkRP) and driving servers, mainly just players who create characters, jump in a map and play with a story that the server creates.

This map is one of what they would typically use, a large map with lots of open space and environments to work with. There's not really any gameplay goal built into the map, no enemies to fight or tasks to complete. Players just explore the map environment and interact with other people. They make their own entertainment with it.

It's pretty much just been a side project to have fun with inbetween Fallout 4.