Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

2 hours ago, Minos said:

I recognize some of the assets I made :D

By the way, I made an updated Mar Sara texture set, if you want a more updated look :)

I'll check it out, was have issues with changing the texture set on my new map though, was switching from one snow map to another and meant i couldn't clone terrain anymore.

A screen from my de_lite (1.6) remake (CS:GO) (currently in alpha)043YPTo.jpg

I've been working on it for a few months now. It's my first real project in mapping (very new to mapping). I think the hardest part is making the map actually look good.

Edited by nota

8 minutes ago, nota said:

A screen from my de_lite (1.6) remake (CS:GO) (currently in alpha)043YPTo.jpg

I've been working on it for a few months now. It's my first real project in mapping (very new to mapping). I think the hardest part is making the map actually look good.

Stick with it! Looks pretty coherent to me, although it is just one screenshot. As for detail ideas, just walk around in some maps you really like the look of and become friends with the screenshot button. See how they've solved the problem of a "boring wall" or background detail or whatever it is. 

Edited by nikkoship

1 minute ago, nikkoship said:

Stick with it! Looks pretty coherent to me, although it is just one screenshot. As for detail ideas, just walk around in some maps you really like the look of and become friends with the screenshot button. See how they've solved the problem of a "boring wall" or whatever. 

Thanks for the advice! However, I only just now realized that Ted was also making a remake. Guess I'm a year late to the party. Ah well. I'm still going to work on this, though.

Your shadows are too harsh, considering the skybox. Increase ambient lighting a bit.

Also, make sure to check "ignore surface normals" on the tree props (and other foliage props in the map).

Where is the green lighting in the back on the left side coming from? It looks kinda weird.

Other than that, coming along nicely :)