Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

@BreadParticles

Great polish. It looks fantasic. Wow there are a lot of places to hide though. I'd be paranoid as hell playing on that map. Feels dangerous but that's not a bad thing.

Edited by CoraBlue

430EF28DB93ED938A670FBF0F3B1DD2F4DDCB70D

Pretty happy with the overall structure, needs to be a bit brighter/detail around the floor n stuff.

Also if you guys wanna see a video of the whole current level in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1m6ioLho0c&feature=youtu.be

If you're interested in working with me feel free to hit me up.

Edited by Comfort Jones

5 hours ago, Comfort Jones said:

Pretty happy with the overall structure, needs to be a bit brighter/detail around the floor n stuff.

Yeah your environment light looks like it has the default value of 20 brightness for ambient (whose idea was that anyway, like having fog enable set to off on fog). You may know already, but I find a brightness of around 260-300 and an ambient of 160-180 does a pretty good job of faking GI. Though I'm not sure which version of the engine you're using. If you have access to HDR you might need to play with it to keep your dark areas dark.

35 minutes ago, CoraBlue said:

Yeah your environment light looks like it has the default value of 20 brightness for ambient (whose idea was that anyway, like having fog enable set to off on fog). You may know already, but I find a brightness of around 260-300 and an ambient of 160-180 does a pretty good job of faking GI. Though I'm not sure which version of the engine you're using. If you have access to HDR you might need to play with it to keep your dark areas dark.

It's definitely around 200, but the contrast change in the color correct is prob making it more extreme. I'll try bumping the ambient up or something.

Edit-Increased the ambient light a bit, also added some fake ambient lighting near the entrance/windows. Definitely looking better: 4DFF3356214A5003A5ECD6AC1871C9FB0D2C28FC

Edited by Comfort Jones

5 hours ago, Logic said:

Dammit Quoting! Finish yor maps! :o:P

It is amazing how much interest you get in your map when it is being neglected compared to when you are working on it...

I am not cancelling de_contract, this was just a small side project a friend suggested. I have finished the greybox and will probably do no more as it is just to mess around on. Hope to update de_contract soon.

1 hour ago, Quotingmc said:

It is amazing how much interest you get in your map when it is being neglected compared to when you are working on it..

Probably has something to do with you updating the map thread 17 times a day when you're doing anything with it.

Trying to get the hang of a newish level building tool in Unity: SabreCSG. It already seems much better for level design in Unity than the popular ProBuilder as it is volume based so you get subtractive brushes and the clip plane among other things (in ProBuilder everything is constructive so building a window or door-frame is tedious). Sabre is heavily based on Hammer so it makes sense.

s9QisBT.png

Not sure what I'm turning this into. Probably will just keep playing with shapes by adding some balconies and interiors that make sense. I think I remember these kind of pipe + steel frame overhangs from Dishonored..

Edited by darkbsp

1 hour ago, JSadones said:

GC5T385.png

Loving the amount of vertical architecture in this. Definitely going to be on the playtest for this one!