Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

2 hours ago, blackdog said:

Nice work @Jacket, but if I may, I find the contrast between rounded and straight platform in the third shot a bit jarring.

I wholeheartedly agree, I haven't liked the design of B since I first made it and I'll probably be redesigning it once again in the future when this dissertation is done with.

You part of the team on that? D-day map needs its crossfire on the beach fixed, far too easy to camp left or right bunker and just shoot across under the cliffs, a little more complexity to the length of the cliff rather than a straight line would go a long way to fixing that.

No, not part of the official team or anything. I agree, an organized german team on "dog red" is pretty hard to break. I'd like maybe the corner of the roof to be blown off one of the bunkers to make throwing grenades into there not such a hassle. Then again, coordinating an attack with an MGer suppressing while the others move up actually catches them off guard most of the time (at least in games where I'm playing with friends or people using mics etc.).

Edited by nikkoship

3mxJUHF.jpg

Just a little scene I've mashed up to practice my map developing skills. I've took some design notes from modern architecture, the contrast was supposed to be between clean and sharp blocky aesthetics and round, lush and green nature. The skybox turned out to look more realistic than I expected in contrast to the scene. Some things are a bit broken, such as the reflection intensity or foliage lighting glitches. I am still working on all my other maps just as I've been before, this is more of a practice for me but if people would be interested I could definitely turn it into a hostage scenario map. Background was also supposed to be aqua/bright blue color but it simply didn't work out, as it made the trees and certain colors look more noisy.

On 10/04/2016 at 2:56 AM, CWardee said:

Did a pretty big revamp, added some more dirt, cobwebs etc, hoping for these to be the last shots before release

Your babies.... give them to me!!!!

Greenhouse from the latest project I'm currently working on. Not sure if the roof should be walk-able though. Could be interesting game play-wise but it comes to me as unrealistic. Edit: Made the glass break on touch and since you are pretty vulnerable standing on the roof I decided to make the roof a playable area.

tJeVEQy.jpg

RprYj7c.jpg

HvpkAHN.jpg

Edit: Added some more pictures, taken in game. 

Edited by Stollat

My map i'm working on; after the playtest came through and the demo was corrupted, i revamped the map, making drastic changes left and right. I'll be making a new playtest in a few weeks or whenever they find a fix for the corrupted .dem files.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=655252802

20160417183115_1.jpg

20160417181318_1.jpg

Edited by 4qker

13 hours ago, Zloykotara said:

So here's the map the i was working on. Its a recreation of one of the mirror's edge levels.

2015-08-20_00004.jpg

2015-08-20_00003.jpg

2015-08-20_00006.jpg

2015-08-13_00004.jpg

2015-08-11_00004.jpg

The Shard, my favourite level <3 <3 hope you finish it up and release it, it looks amazing! are you hyped for MEC?

2 hours ago, 4qker said:

The Shard, my favourite level <3 <3 hope you finish it up and release it, it looks amazing! are you hyped for MEC?

Thanks! Yeah, i've already pre-ordered it)