Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Creating my second map and trying to add my first models (I only made the door and the cistern beceause I am new to modelling :/

The map is called am_industrial its a 1v1 aim map.. my friend gave the map this name I maybe change it

053a184b7c8049a3a6aab5dce6deb59c.jpg

02deb91212b98f52f11fa6f662ed209e.jpg

b6150dd218611d6bdb9ee23151564a9c.jpg

ed4d8987cec2d0327a9a368b6aadea80.jpg

Been working on remaking a map for the sourcemod WW1: Source for an upcoming release of a new version. Put together a small video for the mod community showcasing the differences between the old version and the new one. It's mostly finished, but I'm planning on replacing the 2004-era stock Source rain with some particles (just gotta figure out how to make some that arent very expensive to render :))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2wKjwVWbE4

Also, is it possible to embed youtube vids on this forum? I've tried a lot of tags with no success

Edited by ashton93

Hey guys I made a couple of maps for 1.6 back in the day. First attempt at making a CS:GO map from a layout I made some 10 years ago as a kid

Pq3dMZz.jpg

4K93t2R.jpgDRMoWOS.jpg

FBx5HeM.jpgUUqqP8M.jpgqXr0VCC.jpgdh1qbAU.jpg

tvigjad.jpg

Cptlpk2.jpg

VpX6vDM.jpg

Sorry If it's too many pics, also the new update is giving me headaches with prop lighting so a few models might show a little darker than they should :(

Edited by Logan Mac

Didn't want to make a whole thread for this, but I have this weird lighting problem with my displacements, does anyone know a fix?

PWdXeur.jpg

I think the issue here is that only the visible sides should be displacements; this sorta lighting error happens when the faces of the brush on the inside are made displacements too. So I think this could be fixed if you destroy the displacement face on the bottom of the block on top, and the fop face of the block on the bottom.

So it should be like this

|        |

|        |

And not this

|        |

_____

_____

|        |

If that makes any sense:v

I think the issue here is that only the visible sides should be displacements; this sorta lighting error happens when the faces of the brush on the inside are made displacements too. So I think this could be fixed if you destroy the displacement face on the bottom of the block on top, and the fop face of the block on the bottom.

So it should be like this

|        |

|        |

And not this

|        |

_____

_____

|        |

If that makes any sense:v

Yeah, that makes sense.. kinda! I destroyed the displacement face on the bottom, but I'm not sure how to destroy a face of a regular brush. I nodraw'd the top face but that didn't seem to work.

Looks pretty much good for a start. ;3

2016_03_02_00001.jpg

And now something happens what im pissed off about. Seems like you cant angle displacements upwards or downwards (brush mode) and angle them to left and right. (Everything was sew'ed and looked perfectly fine in hammer)

Well, i will rework a place for a bit till it will work out. 

2016_03_02_00002.jpg

Yeah, that makes sense.. kinda! I destroyed the displacement face on the bottom, but I'm not sure how to destroy a face of a regular brush. I nodraw'd the top face but that didn't seem to work.

I think you should try making the regular brush a displacement too, then sew the pieces together. that should get rid of any shadow issues