Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

sawmill dead?

Pretty much. It had serious timing issues and the scale was really off. It was becoming a chore and I hated the sight of it. I hope to build on what I learnt from it with my new map, the biggest being the need to playtest a lot.

How many projects have you started and quit now? This might sound a bit harsh, but you need to commit to one project and finish it, you can't start something new and trash what you were working on every time you have a change of heart. I think Sawmill had a lot of potential and if you were having trouble with it, it would make a lot more sense to resolve the issues instead of starting completely fresh.

It was only my second serious map, one that I would consider even remotely viable for an operation/ serious play. I didn't scrap it lightly, in-fact I spent a good 8 hours this week trying to use an earlier version as a start point but I was changing so much, it was getting easier to just delete whole parts and start a new. I hate to trash a whole map but I think my time would be better spent on a project I A, enjoy and B, believe will generate a successful final product.

Edited by Quotingmc

@PogoP and @Lemurr dat is fappin' good.

Lemurr in your case I was actually wondering recently if you were still on it, guess all the HL2 content i've seen recently reminded me of your project.

Yeah, I just had a small break. Been playing Metro : Last Light and gave me tons of inspiration which I used for the diagonal elevator shaft's design.