Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

But how to you deal with the collision mesh ? Do you think you can generate it like this ?

Lots of programming.

I think those bends should be made into modular pieces, so that you can build your surf map using sexy curves easily (not giant meshes that are hard to customize)

Yeah I thought of that. A bit like the plates in portal. In the end this will be easier but for now it will be harder.

Another bad image from blender, I noticed it motivates me more to post content here, it might be the dog pics.
I'm learning to UV map to texture objects. And I looked into using linked instances from other blender files to have a good workflow.
Soon I will check if I can make a script / add on to export to .map or .rmf.

Screen_Shot_2016-02-04_at_12.09.14_AM.th

Valve Hammer Editor is a 3D Volumetric software.

Blender is 3D Surface software.

They are really different, and you're really not supposed to create a map on another software (because of optimization for example). As fmpone said, you should try to create modular assets.

By the way, have you already made a collision mesh for a model before ? It's very restricted, you have to decompose the geometry into many simple convex shapes, and there is a max number of shapes allowed by the compilers. It will be impossible to make something smooth if it's a big slope !

Valve Hammer Editor is a 3D Volumetric software.

Blender is 3D Surface software.

They are really different, and you're really not supposed to create a map on another software (because of optimization for example).

I'm aware of that but thanks for pointing it out anyway. I just want to see how far I can get and move on from hammer to there if required.

By the way, have you already made a collision mesh for a model before ? It's very restricted, you have to decompose the geometry into many simple convex shapes, and there is a max number of shapes allowed by the compilers. It will be impossible to make something smooth if it's a big slope !

I did but never for source. I hope it will be less limited with source 2 rubikon.