Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Hi everyone, i'm new here! :)
Something that i'm working for csgo
It's a hostage rescue map "cs_leika"

Hope you like :)
Ct Spawn:

/cut/

Some foliage models by Thomas 'Hessi' Hess (cypress and ivy models) 

It looks very nice, but I worry that it's visually too noisy for game play?

Is there more of the map to see?

Edited by jackophant

Does nebody have news or preview of de_mirage2 last known as de_vice?? I really loved the layout of that map, very unique and new what we need goshdarnit!

Does nebody have news or preview of de_mirage2 last known as de_vice?? I really loved the layout of that map, very unique and new what we need goshdarnit!

it's being worked on. Once the mappers @Squad + @Yanzl are ready to share their work it'll be posted here I'm sure. This thread is for posting your work. not requesting other peoples.

Wow, it's gorgeous! How many brushwork in this map? Or it's mostly models? 

Yes, both! There's a lot of brushwork, but i'm using the source sdk propper, to avoid the brush limit :P
so now, the most of details are models.

It looks very nice, but I worry that it's visually too noisy for game play?

Is there more of the map to see?

Being a hostage rescue map, i didn't think much about this...i'll try to make some changes, tests,.... and post more screenshots, soon! :)

Thank you!

I want to make a surf map for source engine.
Only I think hammer is not the right tool for a surf map.
I just did some baby steps with blender for it, nothing impressive.

My goal for now is to make the tools for blender to make it as easy as possible. For now I want to figure out that the ramp is automatic as long as the curve.
This might sound easy but I think it will be a bitch.

In the end I hope that I can make a map with blender without touching hammer. I decided to freelance less and work more on my own projects.
Money is worth nothing a teacher of mine always said, I think he is right :)

Screen Shot 2016-02-02 at 10.37.37 PM.png

Smooth it to make it rounded. It's a long process but the improvement is nice.

Like this, there is no use for a displacement here.

edit now i'm thinking of this, wait for a more advanced version of the whole map before doing that. :)

Edited by 3Dnj

I want to make a surf map for source engine.
Only I think hammer is not the right tool for a surf map.
I just did some baby steps with blender for it, nothing impressive.

My goal for now is to make the tools for blender to make it as easy as possible. For now I want to figure out that the ramp is automatic as long as the curve.
This might sound easy but I think it will be a bitch.

In the end I hope that I can make a map with blender without touching hammer. I decided to freelance less and work more on my own projects.
Money is worth nothing a teacher of mine always said, I think he is right :)

Screen Shot 2016-02-02 at 10.37.37 PM.png

But how to you deal with the collision mesh ? Do you think you can generate it like this ?

I figured, after a hacker was paid to try to extort the VMF out of me, and took over some of my accounts, that it'd be a good time to post this so people know I'm the one to did the work on it: http://imgur.com/a/dnHAX  This is a gallery of a (sigh...) downtown edit I was payed to do. Now that I'm finally done with this(minus bug fixes for the next forever), I think I'll move onto CS:GO mapping. Here are some images from the gallery: 

0z3V4EN.jpg

Jv0hdkd.jpg

XugXyMJ.jpg

This map is quite literally 2 maps stacked on top of eachother. The islands you see are the bottom half, and they were made from scratch, I made my own soundscapes and textures for a good bit of it. They are both full grid -1024^2 units. It was a huuuuge pain getting this map to work with sources limitations, but even with it's huge scale, I've managed to keep the brush count at 93.6 percent with very little propper use(4 props). The upper half is the downtown edit, and that is an edit. I had to do some hacky optimization work because anything put in dark RP instantly nets you 30 less FPS, and with 60 players, you can have good luck getting anything past 50.

On another note, the gmod server hosting community is extremely insidious and actually dangerous to be around. It was nice, but I don't like being made a target like this.

Again, please, look at the gallery here: http://imgur.com/a/dnHAX 

Edited by Gale