Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Hi!
This is my first post as I'm new to the site.
Right now I'm working on a CS aim-map, and I would like to make parts of the map diagonal. The entrance to one building for example.

I'm having a struggle finding out how to make this due to the fact that the some vertices always get off grid and this might be complicated to "sew together" with the other parts of the map. Right now I'm building the entrance and corridors in 90 degree angles and then rotate the whole building by 45 degrees. However I don't know if this is the best approach.

Thanks!

geMLlK3.png

cvWarTv.png

ZKwLJ6W.png

g8YWyEB.png

Edited by Stollat

@clankill3r You are not really supposed to take a screenshot from Google Street View and post it in this topic !

Just kidding it looks really great, what engine are you using to get such an accurate lighting ? Some windows pattern are a little bit repetitive, but it's alright. Good job

Edited by leplubodeslapin

@clankill3r You are not really supposed to take a screenshot from Google Street View and post it in this topic !

Just kidding it looks really great, what engine are you using to get such an accurate lighting ? Some windows pattern are a little bit repetitive, but it's alright. Good job

it actually IS a pic

Hi!
Right now I'm working on a CS aim-map, and I would like to make parts of the map diagonal. The entrance to one building for example.

I'm having a struggle finding out how to make this due to the fact that the some vertices always get off grid and this might be complicated to "sew together" with the other parts of the map. Right now I'm building the entrance and corridors in 90 degree angles and then rotate the whole building by 45 degrees. However I don't know if this is the best approach.

Thanks!

<pics and stuff>

hey

good approach, however you should probably make those entrances/corridors in a separate vmf and load them up in your original via func_instance and rotate there. This will preserve your geometry all on grid so it's easy to edit. 

as far as I know it's close to impossible to make 45° angled stuff align perfectly on grid, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi!

Thanks!

Were you making all the brushes in size 1 grid? You should always start with bigger, well rounded gridsizes (eg 32 or 64) for the ground of your level. This should keep your level on the "grid"

Anyway, here's some heavy WIP screenshots of de_decay:

de_decayv12_1.jpg

de_decayv12_2.jpg

de_decayv12_3.jpg

de_decayv12_4.jpg

look good, but architecture is not russian

I agree, it'd be great if you could PM me some reference pictures so I could make it look more authentic! :)

Here's some of the references that I have used

tumblr_ns4zjf3eNH1tq4sy2o1_500.jpg

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

moscow-red-square-1.jpg

Haha it is a photograph :)

I was just wondering if anyone would notice :) 

Back to work on working on de_complex! Starting off by widening A-site and adding a larger, more interesting area to the back of A. Terrorists will now have more choices when attacking A.

A-site:
2016-01-18_00003.thumb.jpg.cfd6d122ef6ca

Back of A-site (T-to-A):
2016-01-18_00002.thumb.jpg.e4789e9b9e06d

The barracks are closed off for now :/

Edited by Logic

Im working on a map where I am having a concrete stair next to a building and I want the stair to be covered by a roof sticking out from the building. However I cant find the term for this and thus cant find any good reference pictures. It's like an concrete/metal awning.

Something like this but more industrial looking. Preferably east german/soviet looking :) Anyone having a clue what I'm talking about? 

Stair-Walkway-Cover-11.12-009.jpg&zc=1&w

Im working on a map where I am having a concrete stair next to a building and I want the stair to be covered by a roof sticking out from the building. However I cant find the term for this and thus cant find any good reference pictures. It's like an concrete/metal awning.

Something like this but more industrial looking. Preferably east german/soviet looking :) Anyone having a clue what I'm talking about? 

Stair-Walkway-Cover-11.12-009.jpg&zc=1&w

Sounds a lot like cs_assault to me