Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

I swear to god the year is not complete if I have not done a Japanese themed map in some form or another

96088E28361387B22EB526C710B2C09FA3309D50

I'd reconsider the lighting angle of the sun. The only thing you can see right now is shadows. Or, if you've taken the values from Valve according to the skybox: rotate the map. :)

Edited by Deathy

I don't see any moon or moon related thingy.

It's based on moon surface. In image parts 1 4 and 5 you can see the grey area being surface of it.  It has indoor aswell as outdoor areas too with craters and tunnels. I just wanted to share something and see what people would like about a map being based on moon. So far many people are excited to see something like this. Could be because Valve's moon map rd_asteroid has been dev textured over a year now and payload seems to be according to user polls the most favored gamemode in TF2.

Edited by ics
Number 3 -> 4

It's based on moon surface. In image parts 1 4 and 5 you can see the grey area being surface of it.  It has indoor aswell as outdoor areas too with craters and tunnels. I just wanted to share something and see what people would like about a map being based on moon. So far many people are excited to see something like this. Could be because Valve's moon map rd_asteroid has been dev textured over a year now and payload seems to be according to user polls the most favored gamemode in TF2.

I'm just saying it could use more moon stuff, like a giant glass dome with the earth in the skybox, or a cool rocket ship somewhere. All I can see is yet another grey base TF2 map. But then the screens are fairly small so I dunno ;) We need more!

TvvfCQK.png

The last few days have been dedicated to the CTF level.

Here is another screencap from it.
Trying to add some flavor with light and costume ground meshes.

Happy new year to you all as well. :D

2016-01-07_00001.jpg

can this be called "suburban"?

Looks good! The top of the buildings could use some variation on the trims, as well as maybe some satellite dishes on the roof, antennaes? The gaps between buildings should be more visible, not like an actual gap but the length of the buildings, because now it kind of looks like a one big building with just brick variations.

Could add some flowers too! Make it more lively

Anyways, I know its WIP, just some of my thoughts. And yes, definitely, it can be named whatever you want as long as there's not another map with the same as this on the workshop.

I think he may have been meaning if the area could be referred to as looking suburban? If that's the case then I would say that is much more of an urban scene than a suburban one. There are townhomes/rowhomes in suburban areas but they are rarely brick and rarely have stairs leading down like that. If that's not what he meant then my bad for misinterpreting. 

Mmh, suburban areas come up with detached houses with gardens… anyway it's a good start. Guess there could be little gaps between some houses, you can bring forward/push back some facades, just slightly raise the roof of one house to variate etc

I'm just saying it could use more moon stuff, like a giant glass dome with the earth in the skybox, or a cool rocket ship somewhere. All I can see is yet another grey base TF2 map. But then the screens are fairly small so I dunno ;) We need more!

Here's some moor small images ;)

moonlanding.jpg