Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

trying to make a decent looking backdrop, probably needs a wee bit of color/fog tweaks to look good, also added some graffiti to the walls for some color, still very much wip

will hopefully upload a new version later tonight, have a nice weekend :)

2015-08-21_00001.jpg

IWm4VVa.jpg

Some progress. Pretty good overall I guess, but I need some help with the buildings in the skybox.. The texture in the background is translucent, and has a translucent 1 tag. However, I cannot seem to get selfillum to work with translucent, thus why the buildings are dark...

Anyone has any ideas? Thanks!

Looks pretty nice so far! Yellow lights maybe a little too intense?

Never tried to use $selfillum and $translucent at the same time, but I guess you will need an additional vmf for the selfillummask, because usually both (selfillumination and translucency) take their information from the alpha channel.

Edit: Gave it a try because I was curious... Didn't manage to make it work yet. Maybe it's not so easy...

g60elkv7f4527rn7g.jpg

Maybe ask will2k, he made something similar...

Edited by Raidix

2cKcBeM.jpg

u4DxQ1h.jpg

Happier with the feel of this area now- think it's a lot closer to my theme than it was before and I don't feed so claustrophobic on spawn as a Terrorist.  Detailing still needs a lot of work though.

Need to think of a way to naturally lighten up my new 'ivy' path though as the sun is coming from behind a large building. Don't want to flip the angle as it's used in a particular way on the other side of the map.

Edited by Vaya

I like the panels! 

Need to think of a way to naturally lighten up my new 'ivy' path though as the sun is coming from behind a large building. Don't want to flip the angle as it's used in a particular way on the other side of the map.

What about some glass pavement panels (see below) underneath the ivy with light coming through? Would be a good opportunity for some ambient steam or machinery sounds coming from some sort of basement boiler room or something, too.

DSCF0523_(3).jpg