WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Marcos

Following my good friend Squad's advice, I further dimmed the dark bits of the cityscape; the results look much better

To get a better view of the night setup/skybox, I went ahead and made another test map, slightly more urban to get a proper feel of the skybox.

[pics]

I'm sorta getting nostalgic vibes of Deus Ex 1 ( the mission when JC Denton goes to NYC's Battery Park) :-D and I like it.

Nice :) I think it looks better already, maybe you could even make it even a bit darker and play with some fog settings as TheGuma suggested.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions everyone :)

This is just a test map :D, to get the feel and the combination of the 2D sky/lighting with the 3D New York skydome. The lighting is not final (intensity/color/ambience), there is no fog, no proper reflections; buildings were randomly added in the 3D sky just to get an urban feel and the textures are stock awaiting my creation of the custom textures (proper reflections, self illumination of windows/storefronts, etc).

@ tomm: the 2D sky is a stock HL2 sky that i modified the setup of brightness/color/ambience/pitch etc to suit my vision of the night setup. The NYC skydome is a composition of the 2 panoramic NYC night skylines that I "heavily" layered and retouched in PS.

@ Squad: summoning Batman will create an unfair game since you'll have 6 CT vs 5 T :P. The idea is cool though and I might add the signal somewhere as an Easter egg in the final map.

Which of these do you guys thinks looks better? "A" (first 2) is the huge portal-style light, "B" (second 2) is the newer design that is not completely polished, I'll model out the lights so they're not cylindrical brushes anymore. 

2015-07-19_00006.jpg

2015-07-19_00003.jpg

2015-07-19_00004.jpg

2015-07-19_00005.jpg

This is really very nice but I put together some crit of the glaring issues for me

kMl0c5s.jpg

thanks for pointing those out, does that mean you like the the one with the big circular light more? I do need more going on behind the bar, besides different/more geometry I might put a tap back there or something. 

Edited by Ahoy

I think the circle needs more polygons, needs to be smoother/rounder. The pillars are my main critique where the bar is, they rely way too much on the normal for any kind of visual depth and the normal isn't natural looking. I would simply do a geometric bevel there