Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Started on a new scene a while ago, been working on it on and off the past few weeks or so.. Wanted to try and tackle a scene and texture everything entirely using Substance Designer. We use it a lot at work and I've been getting my own set-up sorted at home. This software is just so powerful, it's really blown me away. Nothing in the scene so far is textured in Photoshop.

5 points if you guess the game, shouldn't be too hard here on Mapcore :)

ss_3_a.jpg

Dat, HL2 radiator.

RBmbjLX.jpg

So this is an overview, sort of - of the map i've been working on. Everyone's favourite inferno/italy theme, might try and get a playtest for it in the next few weeks. I'm going to start a thread soon, layout feels ok to me but there's no way to test that without the playtest!

Wanted to try and tackle a scene and texture everything entirely using Substance Designer.

Fuck it looks great, this is the kind of shit that makes me want to try and learn Substance Designer 5 since I have it but I'm blocking out a shitty layout :D

Started on a new scene a while ago, been working on it on and off the past few weeks or so.. Wanted to try and tackle a scene and texture everything entirely using Substance Designer. We use it a lot at work and I've been getting my own set-up sorted at home. This software is just so powerful, it's really blown me away. Nothing in the scene so far is textured in Photoshop.

5 points if you guess the game, shouldn't be too hard here on Mapcore :)

ss_3_a.jpg

HL3 CONFIRMED!111111

Edited by D3ads

Need some feedback on this layout. Never really mapped for a competitive sort of feel before but this is one of a couple I've been working on and off with to try and create something at least slightly viable. 

yZWGgAW.jpg

Not so sure about the Mid entrances for Terrorists and the approach to A as well. 

Note that there are some areas that can't exactly be seen too well from the overview as all I did was hop into game to take it instead of polishing it up being that essentially everything is subject to change. There are two rooms directly to the right of A that are unseen in this overview as only the top room can be seen. The top room is reached through the stairs in A and along the catwalk. The room itself has a ramp down to CT side of Mid. The room under it simply is connected to A and has an exit to the adjacent room on the top side of it.

Anyways I've also got some concerns about the amount of angles and positions that need to be checked when entering A as there are 4 entrances and an upper catwalk around the perimeter of the room itself.

A (Hammer Screens):

620078d729dbd19a0f24796980cd243e.jpg22e23fd8df16dc1820b83caa6604685c.jpg

and here's B (Hammer):

5264945319083c058dbb84e46b72539d.jpg

Most of the interior has been generally textured so I can fiddle with the lighting and test visibility and all. 

Theme is a Cuban Villa/Church/Clocktower sort of deal.

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by VIOLATION

Need some feedback on this layout. Never really mapped for a competitive sort of feel before but this is one of a couple I've been working on and off with to try and create something at least slightly viable. 

you should post this in it's own thread. this one is really just for pretty screenshots :)