Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

More progress and a slight ambient change on my current map (click for full size):

hu4XvD4h.jpg
9p1ICsHh.jpg
M0QpKyih.jpg
3zMrC5Fh.jpg

I agree with everyone that this looks really awesome.

Generally though I feel that that scenes which use more than 3-4 colors tend to break down, and I don't exactly feel my opinion changing here. I'd still recommend honing in on one primary, secondary, and tertiary minor color for spice. Right now every color in your scene feels like a spice color, and the scenes would probably benefit from being limited to simply 3 colors. Just my opinion, I think it would help the scenes. Great work either way!!

Finally got a Maya -> workflow figured out. last week was all trouble shooting trying to get MESA or the Valve Maya plugins working. What a pain..  Here is my first prop, one of the small domes for the mosque... 

gizab_small_dome.jpg

I'm still not sure what proper mapcore etiquette is..  Is it ok to update both in this thread and my personal WIP?

Finally got a Maya -> workflow figured out. last week was all trouble shooting trying to get MESA or the Valve Maya plugins working. What a pain..  Here is my first prop, one of the small domes for the mosque... 

gizab_small_dome.jpg

I'm still not sure what proper mapcore etiquette is..  Is it ok to update both in this thread and my personal WIP?

Random model thread more like it. But still very good! Would actually like to see thing in use.

Not sure if it would impact readability (too) much, but have you considered adding aurora borealis to your map?

It doesn't necessarily look like this:

tumblr_ni0nnyVSmI1u6jewro4_1280.jpg

This seems like a subtle and more interesting (in this case) variant:

Subway-Baby-Tour-De-Fjord-Part-18.jpg

Edited by Squad

Not sure if it would impact readability (too) much, but have you considered adding aurora borealis to your map?

It doesn't necessarily look like this:

tumblr_ni0nnyVSmI1u6jewro4_1280.jpg

This seems like a subtle and more interesting (in this case) variant:

Subway-Baby-Tour-De-Fjord-Part-18.jpg

Thats a cool idea, though I'm not sure if Aurora Borealis is visible during the day-time (which my map is) unless there's something extraordinary going on. Could perhaps change the time of day, I'll see what I end up with  :)

Fairly new to this whole mapbuilding but have got around to fleshing out a map and being playtesting it quite a bit just with bots and friends. 

The premise of the map was to have a large central arena with multiple paths linking between different areas all going through the middle allowing quicker rotations at increased risk, while still allowing rotations to happen around the outside of the map but they are a bit slower so control of the centre area can allow access to different routes to take/retake bombsites. 

bKzRZze.jpg

e2dg70c.jpg

Steam workshop link http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=428934425

Edited by drpenguin

Hello guys. Kind of new to this but I've been screwing around on hammer on free time trying to learn it as a fun project.  :) 
For now this map will be called de_Magnolia which is either its project name or final, not sure yet.

Sorry for any bad lighting and what not. Still working on all that kind of stuff and trying to figure out what kind of feel I want to give the map.

This would be "A site" so far. Still somethings i'm thinking of moving around.
post-32551-0-85347800-1429650434_thumb.j

And this would be "B site" which I want to change a fair bit because it ended up being very overpassy  :P 
post-32551-0-56976000-1429650433_thumb.j

Don't be afraid to be too critical!

Also I only have 2 terrorist models on the map so it's only a two player map :P

Steam workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=429752455