Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Very cool, prob a bit too dark, at least on my calibrated monitor D: Nothing wrong with really dark where you want it, just I can't see the walkway very well etc 

Edited by 2d-chris

A little something I'm working on, it's pretty much only world brushed and some props at the moment, but I thought I'd show it anyways, maybe you guys have some cool suggestions I could implement before the map gets too detailed. Also note that the textures are not final at all, they are mostly placeholders that I've used to figure out the theme of the map.

Af5cvbW.jpg

Edited by Nestakyo

Why didn't you get it? That's good work for 2 weeks. My only criticism is the interior is sparse and the lighting could be a little more blue.

Edited by dux

Too bad you didn't get the job :(

Map looks promising though! Are you gonna keep working on it? A playtest would be nice ;)

Im definitely gonna play test it. I might continue working on it, depends on if I want to work on my other map or maybe after idk

Why didn't you get it? That's good work for 2 weeks. My only criticism is the interior is sparse and the lighting could be a little more blue.

I asked but they didn't get back to me yet. The lighting is green because I tryed to copy the lighting in the concept. Edited by LATTEH

So about a month ago i got contacted for a job at treyarch. they gave me a level design test with concept art and said i could create it in csgo. I had two weeks to make a playable level with several areas being fully detailed. After doing the best i could they gave me an interview. I didn't get the job, but i feel i did pretty well on the test. I don't know what i want todo with this level though i just figured i would post it and see what you guys say. I also made a paper about what i did for the level here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7105610/Final%20Thoughts.pdf

DEZdUzf.jpg

Hey LATTEH,

Curious about your skybox - what did you use / how did you make it?  I need to create mountains very similar for the map I've been creating :)

Hey LATTEH,

Curious about your skybox - what did you use / how did you make it?  I need to create mountains very similar for the map I've been creating :)

I used one from CS:GO, but if you need to create a skybox texture i would recommend Terragen. I havn't used it in forever though.

I think firegod use's it to create his skyboxes: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3779442/Skybox_website/sunfolder/skybox_list_v2.html