Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

The architecture is nice, it's obvious that you can handle Hammer well. But the theme is generic, we've seen many of these levels already that are Italy-ish. They don't tend to get the job done. I'd really recommend thinking a little bit further outside the box

The architecture is nice, it's obvious that you can handle Hammer well. But the theme is generic, we've seen many of these levels already that are Italy-ish. They don't tend to get the job done. I'd really recommend thinking a little bit further outside the box

Yes, I'm very well aware of this. It's just that this project is more of a learning process for me to create some different themed map I haven't worked on before (NMRiH stuff is mainly urban/city, at work it's mobile games). I can do some texture stuff, but mostly I'm going with whatever assets are available and make the best out of them. Next project could be then bit more ambitious, we'll see whenever that day comes. :)

Always wanted to make some Italy-ish themed de_ map for Counter-Strike, just never had proper time. Here's my attempt now, not too original in layout, but gotta start somewhere on these CS maps I guess. Some screenshots (which aren't too fancy though, simple stuff):

Outdated (soon to be updated) CSGO-Workshop link (good for comparing some screenshots to see how things have evolved):

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=354153562

Ran around it and although a tad big, I really like the layout. it's intriging, engaging and the height levels are awsome. I wish you wouldn't go with cs_italy's assets but I understand that it's something you wanna do.

Really like the layout and can't wait to see the finish product, keep it up!

Always wanted to make some Italy-ish themed de_ map for Counter-Strike, just never had proper time. Here's my attempt now, not too original in layout, but gotta start somewhere on these CS maps I guess. Some screenshots (which aren't too fancy though, simple stuff):

Outdated (soon to be updated) CSGO-Workshop link (good for comparing some screenshots to see how things have evolved):

Ran around it and although a tad big, I really like the layout. it's intriging, engaging and the height levels are awsome. I wish you wouldn't go with cs_italy's assets but I understand that it's something you wanna do.

It's indeed bit big in the version that's in Workshop, but the latest I'm working on is wee bit tighter in size. :)

And, I didn't plan on going fully cs_italy looks, but something I use as a basis. Colors will be brighter and warmer though.

It's indeed bit big in the version that's in Workshop, but the latest I'm working on is wee bit tighter in size. :)

And, I didn't plan on going fully cs_italy looks, but something I use as a basis. Colors will be brighter and warmer though.

Good to hear, now update your workshop so we can give you proper feedback :D

Always wanted to make some Italy-ish themed de_ map for Counter-Strike, just never had proper time. Here's my attempt now

I think you are nailing it!

Do you have any reference to share, just to know if is somewhere I've been? :)

Map is done guys, I pretty much got lazy on it and rushed it out. It was getting a hassle to make and plan to make an outdoor map.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=403138540

Can we get more than one screen shot? I'm sure it's a nice map but you will attract more people with some simple main area screen shots.

Map is done guys, I pretty much got lazy on it and rushed it out. It was getting a hassle to make and plan to make an outdoor map.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=403138540

Can we get more than one screen shot? I'm sure it's a nice map but you will attract more people with some simple main area screen shots.

Sure, I'll upload more when I get home from school. I have started on a new map project so thats why the one above has not gotten a lot of love yet. The new map will be a favala in the mountains. A new strategy I am starting to use on the new map is too use a 64 or 32 grid primarily, so its easier to make walls and other stuff and also designing the layout before detailing and such

My map is ready (earlier WIP shots and ), however I've been trying to publish it on the steam workshop for the past 3-4 hours to no avail. There is an infuriating bug with the CSGO map publisher whenever I click on publish, I get "Failed to start uploading file stream".

No matter how many times I tried at different time intervals, it's the same error. I already tried verifying game cache, disabling/enabling CSGO steam cloud and restarting steam but nothing seems to help. I've been checking the steam forums and many users are experiencing the same: the common point seems to be having more than 100 submissions on the workshop but that is to be verified.

I posted a thread on the official CSGO workshop steam group and hopefully the Valve guys will weigh in.

I'm frustrated and about to pull my hair out :sad: ; I really need to publish the map :D

My map is ready (earlier WIP shots and ), however I've been trying to publish it on the steam workshop for the past 3-4 hours to no avail. There is an infuriating bug with the CSGO map publisher whenever I click on publish, I get "Failed to start uploading file stream".

No matter how many times I tried at different time intervals, it's the same error. I already tried verifying game cache, disabling/enabling CSGO steam cloud and restarting steam but nothing seems to help. I've been checking the steam forums and many users are experiencing the same: the common point seems to be having more than 100 submissions on the workshop but that is to be verified.

I posted a thread on the official CSGO workshop steam group and hopefully the Valve guys will weigh in.

I'm frustrated and about to pull my hair out :sad: ; I really need to publish the map :D

Are you doing it through the ingame map-publisher thingie? I think I read somewhere the one launched through CSGO-SDK isn't working.

There is a 1gb limit for workshop files if I remember right, but I'm guessing you haven't exceeded that? 

Indeed it is a 1 GB limit; I am only using 330 MB :)

Are you doing it through the ingame map-publisher thingie? I think I read somewhere the one launched through CSGO-SDK isn't working.

Yes, through the workshop_publish in-game command. The publisher link in the SDK was removed in an earlier update.

I am getting more confirmation of this bug from other users who have more than 100 submissions in the workshop. It wouldn't surprise as I had to deal with a similar bug a year ago where the publisher could only list your first 50 submissions and denying access to the rest after 50.

Hopefully this gets sorted soon; thanks for the input though.