Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Here's a CS map I blocked out a while back. Needs more cover and whatnot. Not sure if it's worth continuing with, tbh. :v

Please do!

Love the height difference between the two spawn points; i've been thinking of how to achieve the "dod_avalanche effect" for a while, and been thinking of underground maps every time I go in London.

Here's an overview of a CS:GO map I've had lying around for over half a year or so. They layout is based on an unreleased map for CS:S called de_shiva. I've already changed some of the waypoints, so e.g. you have three access points to every bomb spot.

I am just not sure, whether CTs have overpowered access to the spots since they need half or less than half of the time the Ts need.

de_likeage_overviewwsuq3.jpg

Any feedback regarding tactics/waypoints is appreciated. I know it's a tough goal, but I plan to have this ready till 8th/9th.

Cover and stuff is not placed properly yet.

@Psy: Definitely continue it. Might be interesting to see it finished. :)

Edited by Deathy

Here's a CS map I blocked out a while back. Needs more cover and whatnot. Not sure if it's worth continuing with, tbh. :v

Tbh, it can work as a defuse map too, a little bit of tweaks here and there and boom you have a unique layout we haven't seen before in Counter strike. You should keep working on it, take some suggestions and schedule a playtest.

Recon you could update what you have to the workshop? Personally, I'm really liking the idea of your layout.

Edited by 8bit

New to Mapcore, and getting back into mapping. Haven't done much except for some pretty terrible maps in CSS that still occasionally surface. 

So I've started this one. I really liked a mid concept I started doodling a while back. The idea is that when Ts rush mid, they end up behind some of the best positions for CTs to hold. Also liked the idea of a watch/control tower design. Not sure where I am going with the theme yet, just sorta doodled with hammer a bit. 

1JNXQhP.jpg

Still trying to figure out the B bombsite positioning. I didn't like where it was before so I moved it. Also debating adding in a more concealed backdoor entrance to A and the upper watchtower positions (the X's)

kjhCB3P.jpg

XZfHKI9.jpg

Kinda what I was thinking for the watchtower-kinda design

GBfAyHS.jpg
not sure about it all yet. 

hQhYuMr.jpg

Another angle, still just a doodle of what I might be thinking for the design. 

Thought I'd also throw in this, not sure what I am doing with it yet though. 

U419UQk.jpg

Here is a few more w.i.p. screenshots of the map, some including mid and ct spawn, everything is mostly not done, and if anyone has any idea on how to make the staircase look more natural on images 4 and 5, please share. I want to make it look a little more natural and not just floating.

http://imgur.com/a/dpM9W

Here is a few more w.i.p. screenshots of the map, some including mid and ct spawn, everything is mostly not done, and if anyone has any idea on how to make the staircase look more natural on images 4 and 5, please share. I want to make it look a little more natural and not just floating.

http://imgur.com/a/dpM9W

Hi, you could simply add a handrail or a guardrail in order to cover the fact that it is floating! I think this is what it lacks to look natural :)

I get to start a new project! woooh! de_dynasty, set in a korean palace tourist site. raining. Lots o spec maps :D

I'm gonna try to emulate Skybex's WiP process ()  and show some semblence of methodical planning for once  :shake:

I wanted a nice facade for T's (palace w/ reflection in water), which sorta kills any typical mid route regarding gameplay. I was thinking I might create a lateral mid at the foundation beneath A site but there's a big line of sight issue all the way across the water from T spawn. Line of sight and optimization issues are the big issues I'm trying to tackle right now as half the map seems pretty open.

ZIJfARe.jpg

Edited by kinggambit