Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

i'm glad the q3a mapping competition introduced me to this forum - it seems like a great community. it's kind of intimidating to post stuff here, though, since you guys all make so much awesome stuff! here's my latest quake 3 project using sock's industrial texture pack.

shot0014.jasdasdasdadspg

shot0012.jpasdasdag

This forum badly needs more people posting more quake things - so just keep it flowing buddy!

Edit: I mean, just the fact that we now have a banner image that's featuring quake levels shows the suffering that has been going on around here - for like 15 years.

Edited by Hipshot

To take a break from the ut map, I made a quick scene this afternoon 

NeoGizeh

7ee26992e784d5c5653b07af8554337f.jpg

It's maybe a bit to brighter. Though, it's a preview light building, 'cause even medium quality was taking ssoooo much time. 

I'll add some particules on the foreground. 

I like the contrast between the old pyramids and the scifi city, but I feel like it would be cool to have a scifi texture on the pyramids too. What do you think ?

Very nice, although skyline is a bit repetetive... i'd see well one piramid to be much larger, or/and a couple of skyscrapers.

Also, with this camera position I think you are loosing a bit the effect you could achieve to show the scale of the view: what about a slightly larger fov, and a camera positioned a bit higher, like from a balcony overlooking this large platform. Or to make the buildings look tall maybe lower the point of view in respect of the horizon.

Edited by blackdog

To take a break from the ut map, I made a quick scene this afternoon 

NeoGizeh

It's maybe a bit to brighter. Though, it's a preview light building, 'cause even medium quality was taking ssoooo much time. 

I'll add some particules on the foreground. 

I like the contrast between the old pyramids and the scifi city, but I feel like it would be cool to have a scifi texture on the pyramids too. What do you think ?

i'd see well one piramid to be much larger

In fact the one on the right is way bigger than the other one but it's not noticeable with the perspective.

Also, with this camera position I think you are loosing a bit the effect you could achieve to show the scale of the view: what about a slightly larger fov, and a camera positioned a bit higher, like from a balcony overlooking this large platform. Or to make the buildings look tall maybe lower the point of view in respect of the horizon.

The problem with putting a bit higher the camera is than we see a bit of the middleground and that's not the interest.

I'll may change the ratio of the camera to make it larger and i'll see what i can with the camera positionning ;) 

Would you mind sharing your lighting settings ? Or your scene, i'm slowly learning how to UE4, but i'm struggling with TOD... Tried some "plugins" but none were good enought.

I've made few change (and on the fow blackdog). This is good for me. 

neogizeh_by_thdssfsfeonlydoublef-d8bq0rw

I was thinking, should the lasers go beyond or into the pyramid peak? If the latter, maybe add some kind of receiver at the top?

Would you mind sharing your lighting settings ? Or your scene, i'm slowly learning how to UE4, but i'm struggling with TOD... Tried some "plugins" but none were good enought.

Here are my settings for the NeoGizeh scene:

The Skylight:

68d7e2ff0e1da5048c148c4eca68b542.png

The directional light: 

fb608f0db4fe80c7743bceb9b58310cc.png

The settings for the Desert scene:

the skylight

96d4f7a10658619df159fc594754f87b.png

The directional light: Here I enabled the light shaft bloom to have a little a glow around the edges of the meshes. Not sure it's the best way to do it, but it worked. 

c264e10c842302355c419d2a363a557b.png

Of course there is always an lighting importance volume.

Don't you problems come drectly from the light properties of your meshes ?

Of course there is always an lighting importance volume.

Don't you problems come drectly from the light properties of your meshes ?

How do i know there's nothing wrong with my meshes ?