WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Marcos

My little Antarctic Station themed TF2 map is coming along pretty well. Loads of particle effects and ropes blowing about in the wind. Pretty happy with the results so far.

Still need to do some fog controller magic for inside the major buildings and the deathpit, though.

BowJggk.jpg

pwLVUhW.jpg

FatCrNm.jpg

QiUE6uh.jpg

Oh man I'd totally add a trigger_hurt outside with minimal damage (0.5-1/sec) just to keep people on their toes.

It can work if you incorporate it into the level properly and not just smacking a hurt volume outside. You can have occasional snow storms that temporarily shrinks the level and changes the flow a bit. Or you can have it on all the time and then heal the players back up to their previous health once you get back inside but that means keeping track of each players hp and as far as I know that cant be done in TF2. You also need to have some form of incentive like rewards to have them risk going outside instead of camping, else it kinda sucks.

I like it, but I think you're starting to get noisy and there are a few too many conflicting, beighish colors in the screens. Get rid of the construction materials and grittyness, and try to make it look like a greenhouse:

Red brick/wood walls (light contrast), extensive use of white wood for a pillar system

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCZon9XcZ-KsKKFWhY7Da

Conservatory-Greenhouse-Interior2.jpg

This will bring out the greens in the plants and make them rich, and lush, which is what season is going to be successful with imo

Edited by FMPONE

I guess this is eligible to post here.

I'm using this as an opportunity to understand UDK better and improve on my art/modelling skills in general. More models for the scene are to come.

As it is now, it feels pretty desaturated. And like always, everything is still pretty early work in progress.

C1BF47A1682C9CFE7A5CB04FBE395BBED0F4F3D6

Edited by charlie

I'm using this as an opportunity to understand UDK better and improve on my art/modelling skills in general. More models for the scene are to come.

As it is now, it feels pretty desaturated. And like always, everything is still pretty early work in progress.

Nice man, that's good progress. Keep at it.

best unintentional motivational poster ever :D

Edited by killertomato