WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Marcos

Hammer is ok with the convex brushes, but if the brush is concave it will generate an invalid solid.

And what about brushes being partly inside other brushes? The rest of the building is on grid, but there it seems easiest to just put it trough. I hate to have it like that though.

It doesn't matter, vvis will take more time to compile but it doesn't change anything. But if the brushes have the same thickness it will cause an overlap of the textures, wich isn't good for the fps, even if it doesn't affect it a lot.

Semi-false. :P

Colliding brushes depends on the particular brush, and in some instances it can cause problems/bugs/visual errors.

-func_detail colliding with func_detail = okay

-func_detail colliding with world geometry = okay

-world geometry colliding with world geometry = not okay

It basically boils down to whether or not vvis sees any of the aftermath when compiling. So the same concept of func_detail with func_detail can be applied to any brush based entity. 

Also your construction of that building should be 100% dependant on whether or not you want to make it with an interior

Edited by JeanPaul

I've been using Hammer a few hours a night for the last week now, most of those spent watching/following a guides, but I decided to start messing around on my own tonight and started building a little courtyard. I'm going to add arches to the pillars and an upper area with windows/possibly a small balcony looking over it.

YqCn9ZG.jpg

Complete beginner but thought I'd share. If it's something I end up sticking with, I was thinking a 'hogwarts-y' type environment would be cool, potion classrooms and everything. :P

I'm glad you saw my meaning so quickly Puddy, The fact that the phallic symbol is comprised of mechanical elements also serves to highlight the mechanical and systematic way a patriarchal society oppresses the female sex.

Also, penis envy.

Any serious feedback would be really appreciated though :) what do you think of the stylization in particular?

Seir, I am not sure what you mean?

I don't know what you're trying to achieve, you've playing with light without any textures so with on this state I can't tell you what is wrong because it's hard to see what you wanna do. Right now it's overburned so it mostly look like one strong light on few meshes without any textures. About the meshes: the roof construction is weird, giant roof is hold by few metal pipes. The regularity of cable composition feels like it's a "German chaos".