Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Yeah... i was messing around with PhillipK Scifi Textures and edited them a bit :)
Too i created some by myown... Pipemodel ( Texture / Model by Myself )
Just for testings ofc :)

jjpil0003.jpg

jjpil0002.jpg

jjpil0001.jpg

Edit:

Before people ask, this is halflife 1

Edited by Trempler

I would like some feedback on the following screenshot. Does it look okay? What would you change? It is going to be for a map for cs:go and I was going for a underground metro system. This is the only part of the Map I have started with and I am unsure if I could continue with this.

2013_08_13_00001.jpg

The first thing I notice is that it's quite a long corridor with very little cover other than the space to the left. Try using some other objects such as stacks of crates to add more cover. Or possibly add an access tunnel which allows players to flank.

You should definitely continue though. Finish what you start! 

Thanks guys! I will take this in consideration.

P.S.: you might not be able to see it in the screenshot, but on the right there are two hallways where a player could take a angle.

Edited by colte

Working on something for 7dFPS. It's called Doppelgunner and you have a gun that creates clones.

Can only the original player go through the portal? It seems interesting, but a little confusing when watching someone else play.

@ colte: most important thing that I notice is that it's indeed too dark for CS:GO. Possibly not enough cover, but that really depends on what kind of area this is and more importantly how it plays out in gameplay tests. There is the long corridor in Dust 2 that doesn't have a lot of cover either, but it works.

Other than that, looks like a good start! But another piece of advice, don't go too much into detailing if you only have a single area. Try blocking out the layout first, making sure that it plays well. It's a lot easier to make changes to the layout if your level is just made of big blocks.

Yeah, only the original can go through the portals. I was thinking about making the gates look different through the clone cameras but that might be even more confusing!

Yeah, only the original can go through the portals. I was thinking about making the gates look different through the clone cameras but that might be even more confusing!

Maybe that would be understandable if you added that mechanic on later levels, after the player had already grasped the basics :)

Originally the idea was the "original" and "clones" saw the world differently; the player had lots of directional arrows telling them where to go whereas the clones saw propaganda about how they were being used, shouldn't cooperate and should kill the original - since that's what doppelgangers usually do; with some kind of pay-off at the end.

However, I'm not really working with any art assets so I started thinking very functionally, and now it's six Portal-style test chamber rooms and doesn't really need or want any of that stuff. I fear I will never make an arts.