Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Hi,

Currently trying to create something for The Dark Mod (idTech 4), just finishing up blocking everything out and about to start working on detailing, though I'm not really sure how best to approach it.

I've adjusted the gamma of the screenshots so you can actually see what's in them, hopefully.

post-19042-0-22295600-1375875064_thumb.j

post-19042-0-02131800-1375875319_thumb.j

How do you make floors have different spots? I only know how to make floor have one texture. I mean, like dirty spots and grassy like in those images posted.

displacements

Yep, pretty much. With decals/overlays on top of that.

Kz maps were really popular. There were modded servers with checkpoints ( the noob way :D, your time doesnt count in the ranking) or the not so raging way once you get used to the jump mechanics of cs 1.6

The 1.6 community is quite alive, but I don't play that game anymore. I skipped CSS and the climb community did mostly as well, or at least, the original style did as the physics in CSS were quite different and did not allow the same jumps being made. With the return of maps and servers for KZ(climb) maps in CS:GO, I noticed that there were many players, few servers, and a handfull of maps. Hence I started porting maps from 1.6 to CS:GO since the same jumps can be made again (mostly ;-)).

yeah, I'm playing with some ideas about how to improve the readability.

What was the main issue? I was told that the G wasn't that readable, for example. So I cut some lines to see the results:

(the logo above and two other versions of that)

xwNCIgr.png

Sorry Anselmo, but I think the logo is not readable at all now.

Oh, no problem at all :) That's why I like to share things here, the feedback you guys provide are really important to me!

I gotta make more concepts of that logo... As the logo isn't my main focus atm, it might take a little long to finish that. Meanwhile, I'll continue implementing other parts while the logo cooks in my head