Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Just finished porting this map from CS 1.6 to CS:GO;

2013_08_03_00006.jpg

2013_08_03_00006.jpg

2013_08_03_00008.jpg

2013_08_03_00011.jpg

2013_08_03_00012.jpg

2013_08_03_00013.jpg

2013_08_03_00014.jpg

Shameless Steam Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=166858512

Might add 3D skybox later, it was causing odd problems so I ditched it :-(

Edited by Spherix

Ahhh.. jump puzzles, everyone's favourite FPS past time...

So basically if you can't do that stuff you can't even get out of the first room? lulz.

That guy's got some mad skills, If I have to put up with that kind of shit in single player games I press f6 before each jump, trying to do that without quicksave would make me ragequit out and throw my keyboard out of the window...

Edited by D3ads

Kz maps were really popular. There were modded servers with checkpoints ( the noob way :D, your time doesnt count in the ranking) or the not so raging way once you get used to the jump mechanics of cs 1.6

Hey thanks for the feedback guys! 

You bring up a very valid point JeanPaul, and one I'll be keeping note of closely whilst I continue to art pass the level. I'll be sure to highlight possible blind spots with contrasting materials - for instance I could put the blue tarp on those crates - or simply tone down the foliage for camping areas.

I may also release a 'clean' version to eradicate any issues with blind spots.

This is probably going to be my final swan song working in default 'vanilla' Source. The only reason I decided upon making this as a CSGO map is because I had the layout playtested over the course of the year - where it proved to be a solid map - but I had more important commitments before I finalized the art-style (main job, indie stuff). Coming back to it now, I sort of lost the original vision I had for the map, and so now it's merging into this thing :P

Hopefully I will be able to strike a balance between competitive MP design and visuals :)

Ya, good stuff then!

If I would have any more input into your decision making, Id definitely say just make one version of the map (rather than a normal and a CE or something) because realistically no one is going to play the cluttered version and youll wind up saving a lot of time. It will also more effectively represent your skills as a level designer if you struck a nice balance between the two in a single map methinks.