Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

So I've been tinkering with the scene a little more and I've decided to go a bit more creepy with it, and changed it to night lighting. Still just roughing out ideas, I need to start a topic! Also, I really need to sort out my monitors. One of my monitors has a lot more contrast and saturation, I'm not sure which is the correct one now..

corridor_wip_night_01a.jpg

corridor_wip_night_01b.jpg

Edited by PogoP

So I've been tinkering with the scene a little more and I've decided to go a bit more creepy with it, and changed it to night lighting. Still just roughing out ideas, I need to start a topic! Also, I really need to sort out my monitors. One of my monitors has a lot more contrast and saturation, I'm not sure which is the correct one now..

I would also add some lighting in the level itself for some circular blue ambience 

Thanks guys! All great ideas, I'll work on them :)

Need to get a lot more modelling and texture work done, but it's always tricky trying to find the balance between doing ambient work and modelling!

Maybe make the shadows a little more readable too, perhaps some kind of darkish blue instead of the grey colour you have now. Are these your assets or UDK ones?

Yeap, the lighting is still first pass, right now it's way too warm and contrasty. I need to increase the ambient lighting and make the lighting more interesting to look at.

And yeah, they're all my assets, everything is modular but very rough and rushed. Lightmaps were rushed, textures were rushed, unoptimized geo, but I'm trying to practice just that making more with less time so I've been doing 1 to 2 assets per evening.

Everything is using a single texture (512*2048) other than the floor which is using one tillable 512*512.

Thanks for the feedback! More soon.

Getting there! I'm getting the feeling you're trying to do too much at the same time, lighting, textures, assets, etc...

I would say, either make the lighting/mood first and then only make the assets you really need to make it look good, or finish the scene first and then work on the lighting.

Right now, it's a bit repetitive (well, it's a corridor, so...) so you can probably get away with adding more fog, it will add to the ambiance, also try and make it so you don't see the end of the corridor, silent hill always do that and it's so freakign scary!

corridor.jpg?w=300&h=240

SilentHill2_Corridor.jpg

Hilltop1.jpg

3-017.jpg

As you can see, you're never able to see the end of the corridor, makes it look really creepy.

Also, many times creepy means the feeling of being stuck in someplace small. Those windows give you a sense of freedom and kills the creepy look, fuzzy them up or board them with planks.