Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

@holiestcows the first shot ain't bad, good lighting in that one. I think you've been improving lately.

Thanks WhiteDevil. Ive been really trying to make this mod be very detailed and atmospheric the best I can. It wont have that much combat, but more interaction.

Because I don't want to loose a lot of point ont he mapping contest because my map is too dark, i'm trying a daylight version, what do you think guys ?

2013-03-30_00007.jpg

2013-03-30_00008.jpg

2013-03-30_00009.jpg

2013-03-30_00010.jpg

Ho, and don't look at the skybox, it's the same xD

Edited by 3Dnj

Its cleary better, but still strange about lighting : your sun is pinkish/orangish, but do not has enough contrast to loos like a sunlight.

Usually it lose contrast in the shadows when the sun is hidden by clouds (it smooth shadows and levels, but also the intensity of colors).

I'd like to see what gives a directionnal light with more contrast, like this pic where the light burns the surface (http://cdn2.steampow...pg?t=1360355165)

Or maybe it's just the skybox that mislead me :v

edit ;like this http://uppix.net/7/8/a/6acecb73567f33a85669f85a20fd1.gif

Edited by --Em--

I agree it's looking pretty awesome now. I don't agree to go totally in the direction Ravage has said, but no doubt I think you want to go slightly that way, a compromise between the two shots above would look nice

There is also still a readability issue IMO on the interior walls. My suggestion is to use an "interior" and "exterior" brick, try to make the exterior brick cleaner and sunlit, and make the interior brick lighter and less noisy. The problem comes down to too much noise on the texture and too dark a texture

Edited by FMPONE

Doing some foliage testing in Cryengine and came up with a little Alpine forest/mountain scene. It's been pretty good fun.

Lots more to do, though! I'm going to be adding in more colour variation next by having spots of bright, colourful plants/flowers.

screen_01.jpg