Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

I really do love the attempt at so many colors in your level, but its not done well and comes across as lacking a unifying theme or color pallet.

I think its because you jump from warm to cold so often which results in a lack of direction for the player.

Also, make sure your fog color matches your 2d skybox or else you get that weird fogging effect you see on the tower in the second screenshot.

Edited by JeanPaul

i have to be honest i don't really see any siege in those shots - whereas all the other remakes are instantly recognisable :(

I mean, when I look hard I can see what it is, but I think it's just the complete setting change that does that.

Edited by Rick_D

i have to be honest i don't really see any siege in those shots - whereas all the other remakes are instantly recognisable :(

I mean, when I look hard I can see what it is, but I think it's just the complete setting change that does that.

If you keep the gameplay exactly the same, make it easy on the eyes, but change the looks to the point where I don't recognize the original level anymore, then you have done everything right in my book. Now if that is the case I'm not sure because it's been too damn long since I played cs_siege :ninja:

fte00123.png

This is a singleplayer level for a little game I'm working on, somewhere between hobbyist and indie, using Quake 3 map format / Radiant and a much-improved Quake 1 engine. Basic BSP and some patchwork is done, and a basic theme is being established. Please excuse the stairstep shadows, I'm working to find better light settings.

Here are some more shots if you'd like:

http://spawnhost.wor.../a-light-touch/

Any criticism (and Q3 lighting tips) is/are very welcome. Any idtech-based work/games I should be looking at for ideas? I have improved, but I feel I could be better.

I really do love the attempt at so many colors in your level, but its not done well and comes across as lacking a unifying theme or color pallet.

I think its because you jump from warm to cold so often which results in a lack of direction for the player.

Also, make sure your fog color matches your 2d skybox or else you get that weird fogging effect you see on the tower in the second screenshot.

I think the map looks interesting. When it comes to colours, my main issue is the blue cover in the second screen. The rest looks great. Also, I don't fully agree with the fog. I think it looks okay, but I'd want to try the map in game before really deciding on that.