Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

I feel like the ambient lighting needs to be darker. The lights in the scene aren't contrasted enough because the scene is already very light.

cheers. Agreed turned down the sky lights a bit and its helped things a lot. Just need to play with it a bit more.

i havnt posted anything in awhile so i made a video fly thru of my level

EDIT: it seems the youtube thing doesnt work D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://youtu.be/Uoy2vR1jK80

I just realized I've been registered on this site for four years, and haven't posted anything yet! So here's some stuff I've been working on in UDK recently:

whiteroom21.jpg

This one's a minimalist sketch I threw together last Tuesday.

minimalismfinal_02.jpg

And this is another study in minimalism and color from this last winter break.

Neither are really works in progress. But they're too small to warrant their own thread. Anyhow, more information about them is available at my design blog and portfolio respectively.

impressive stuff! my two cents:

1. Some shots are over bright, resulting in loss of detail.

2. Some shots have very detailed backgrounds while the foreground has some really poorly detailed stuff poking in your face. (for example: 6th shot, down-left corner you see a poorly detailed brick with on the background some really awesome rocks).

That's looking pretty nice. But I think it's hard to see what's going on. Some of it may depend on lighting, it took me a while just looking at these shots to figure out the direction of the sunlight tbh.

Maybe you could try and get some more atmospheric depth and try and ease up on some of the more detailed areas to let the eyes rest a bit (even tho that's pretty damn hard with the Unreal art style I know, also that's more personal preference so :)).