Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

It's got to be one of the most interesting dock inspired levels I've ever seen. Normally people settle for a large flat expanse of concrete scattered with containers and cranes and call it done. A big improvement over the original too.

Here is an update/screenshot from my previous post. This is basically a single player map. I'm still working on the cosmetics of this map, so you won't see much models. Once the cosmetics are complete, Danny 'aka fuzzybarrel' a steam friend will implement the scripting. :)

":1ohxzzwb]Good stuff Wesley. I'd love to see you learn a more modern engine when you're done with Off Limits tho. :)

Well for the time being I'm done with Source, I'm on a new project now... :) I wanted to finish my work on Off Limits this year (still got some time left for the actual release). But I'm not touching the mapping anymore. I wanted to be able and focus on new ventures when 2012 arrives :) They have been tested like hell and I've spent a lot longer on them as I probably should have, but I wanted them to be as good as I could make them with the time I had. I'm not sure if it will have been worth the loss of time and money. But when you work on something you enjoy you don't really think of that at the time. I hope the next release will get more people playing it for sure. Will try and promote the mod as much as possible after release.

Sorry if the update's been a bit late; I've been pretty swamped with schoolwork lately and I haven't had much free time.

The new floor looks a lot better, but I think the ceiling is too ornate/complex, it'd probably be better as plaster or ceiling tiles. Also the grass on the roof looks more natural/wasteland, I think a tidy lawn texture would look nicer.

Nice, i like the green area up top :)

So I haven't posted in here in a hell of a long time. Mostly because I've been in school for programming and got a job. Anyways the Job is finished and I dont start school until Jan so I have some time to work on some game projects.

Here's a video of me making a quick level for my game and exporting it into the engine and playing it. I ended up writing some LUA exporters for the DAME open source level editor rather than write my own level editor.

Plans over the next week are to focus on visuals (HUD redo, post-processing and cloud layers) and fully implementing the character customization stuff. Maybe a few new weapons and enemies if I can squeeze it in :)

Working on the Unity3D VVVVVV-FPS thing with my thesis group some more. We're finally doing production. Here's a gray box of the first level. Gotta keep the palette pretty muted because the ground gets dynamically shaded bright yellow.

Looking back on some GeoComp2 stuff for inspiration, mainly sparth's stuff / bengal's minima.