Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Haha, I think it's just great, seeing this in line with the other mini mods you created. As long as the game doesnt force you to watch any of this (which then would be offensive) the hint of it is just a great way of telling a part of the character/story.

Not really a level. More of a scene I made for a project a while back. It required some fine tuning so I've been working on it tonight. :)

00115l.jpg

I started something with a similar style late 2006, when I had HL2 ambitions =)

Stupid gravity gun always trashed my ideas... worst random weapon ever.

Not even close to your scene, but I guess if I had giving it more time I could have made something cool with it.

hl2_spacecogg1.jpg

hl2_spacecogg2.jpg

hl2_spacecogg3.jpg

Haha, I think it's just great, seeing this in line with the other mini mods you created. As long as the game doesnt force you to watch any of this (which then would be offensive) the hint of it is just a great way of telling a part of the character/story.

The web browser in the screens offends me more than their content

Hipshot: you should've finished that!... Whatever it was. Or tweaked / changed your mechanics if the grav gun wasn't working out.

Happy: That's awesome and really realistic.

Anyway!

Here's some of my Doom 3 level, for a Thief-style mod called "Dark Mod." They've just released 1.03 publicly and already have 30+ levels out. If you guys like Thief, you should look into mapping for it, their version of Radiant is pretty alright and they have a lot of textures / props (a lot of them are bad, but you find the good ones quickly enough).

Going to Doom 3 from Source is kinda weird, but it's fun to figure out the quirks. The standard for map size is pretty great too, a lot of maps are just a handful of rooms but they're praised and loved, and I imagine a DM level would round out a portfolio quite nicely and prove you can learn a new engine properly as well as digest new single player mechanics... cough cough.

(I miss light maps)

@Campaign Looks cool, very arty and the design elements flow well. Too bright though as has been said.

I completely changed the way the raft sequence works (was props on a train, now is props in carefully calibrated push volumes) and it looks much better.

For demoman tf2 community submission:

lachaber_wip2.jpg

what distances should I make the LOD's for? I'm thinking 70, 150, 256. Does that sound right?

I used sculptris on the handle which, compared to zbrush, is like sculpting with your mind, amazing!

Some people like to play Perfect Thief (no moss/noisemaker/water arrows, no alerts, no damage, etc), and going through a room like this would be impossible or may be very tough.

But yeah the mod does have water arrows and stuff, but if you look closely you'll see that the light source is an electric chandelier, so water arrows won't work on it. :D

Junkie: I didn't notice at first, but you should make these railings models instead of a texture

Mr. Happy: it's looking good, I'm eager to decapitate people with that. :P

Working hard since 3/4 days on my game, for the moment only on the code :

Inside the udk with :

-custom camera

-custom walljump

-forward dodge when the player is behind a hole (not in the video)

Next : the wallrun !

Cool stuff! Reminds me of a trailer for a game from a long time ago that had wall jumps and the like. Sadly, I can't remember what it was.