Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

I don't know, I'm not feeling the blue accent lights at all. Way too saturated and intense. I definitely don't like the teal-blue lighting in the left side of the first pic, since it seems to be coming from the overhead lights which are not that color on the righthand side.

I spent a little while playing with the hue in photoshop trying to figure out what color the lighting should be with that orange, and the biggest improvement (in my layman's opinion :D) was to shift the ambient away from yellow, towards blue, and desaturating a bit. Here is my contribution :v

bentry.jpg

The ambient blue is too saturated still, but I'm not going around and selecting all the orange bits again in photoshop :D

And I don't know what to do with the lights around the island thingy. I'd vote to get rid of them. If you wanted to do lighting there, I'd go with something more like strip lighting, not spotlights.

I dunno I think the pale orange really works well and makes the room look nice and soft, it goes with the style of the room. The dominating blue would work better if it were more techy with computers and stuff.

I certainly concede that mine is way too blue. I do like the blue-orange contrast though... How about this, my version and dux's blended :-D

mino2.jpg

The lighting could probably be a bit brighter overall, with more bouncing into the dark corners. It feels a bit industrial and oppresive for an apartment complex, even if it is sci-fi.

Also: It's looking great :)

Great suggestions dudes, thanks for the paintovers. I love to see ther people's approach on the same problems I have.

As for the lighting I'll stick to pale light tones only and let the sun light do the majority of the work. The colored lights don't really work at all at the moment. I'll let colored light to small accent lights only, like small computer screens and signs.

As for the lighting I'll stick to pale light tones only and let the sun light do the majority of the work.

Ahh! I was wondering this when I was doing the paintover, I couldn't tell if those were skylights/windows or electric lights... That makes the decision a bit easier :P

Great suggestions dudes, thanks for the paintovers. I love to see ther people's approach on the same problems I have.

As for the lighting I'll stick to pale light tones only and let the sun light do the majority of the work. The colored lights don't really work at all at the moment. I'll let colored light to small accent lights only, like small computer screens and signs.

Looks awesome mino as I said before and I think this is a very wise choice :)

You can also play with very subtle rays from that light easily. I'm not talking about making it look super dusty or anything, but I love those kind of subtle effects where you can't really tell that there actually is anything there.. But once you remove it you notice something is definitely missing :)

Keep the good work up, looking forward to see the progress on this =)

Looking really nice Mino!

One thing though, on a LD topic, are you planing on doing more with the lower half, say around the doors? Right now there is to much visual noise going on up top and nothing really interesting down below to help guide the player.

Looking really nice Mino!

One thing though, on a LD topic, are you planing on doing more with the lower half, say around the doors? Right now there is to much visual noise going on up top and nothing really interesting down below to help guide the player.

That's true man. I really have no gameplay planned for this, it is for portfolio purposes only. I once considered making this a DM map but that then I'd never finish it...

Blue does get a long with orange nicely, but it cant be over done, must be used with care and gently.

mirrorsedge201003302039.png

Nice stuff SpicyTanuki and 3Dnj!

3Dnj, Playing safe on that art pass huh? :) if it aint broken, don't fix it.