Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

More work in progress stuff! I got more of the buildings figured out. Now I just need to go in there and start polishing some of my scripted sequences. Once I get all that figured out I'll go in and start adding final art and fixing up my mountains a bit more.

chellslegendpart15layou.jpg

- vivi

That looks cool, vivi! What game is it for?

Thanks insta! It's for my portal mod chell's legend :) . I just felt like showing it off on the forums. Prob wont post it on my main site.

Starting to look good Vivi!!

Thanks mino ^^

2d-chris: What a novel idea! :) The blue was mostly vestigial from when I began the map and I hadn't experimented with changing it entirely, but thanks for your suggestion because I think it looks 100x better now. You can find some updated shots here:

http://www.appstate.edu/~freemancw/junk/noghost24.jpg

http://www.appstate.edu/~freemancw/junk/noghost25.jpg

http://www.appstate.edu/~freemancw/junk/noghost26.jpg

http://www.appstate.edu/~freemancw/junk/noghost27.jpg

Generalvivi: That is really pretty geometry, I like the structures embedded in rock especially :).

More work in progress stuff! I got more of the buildings figured out. Now I just need to go in there and start polishing some of my scripted sequences. Once I get all that figured out I'll go in and start adding final art and fixing up my mountains a bit more.

- vivi

very inspiring, thanks for sharing! =)

Awesome work Vivi! I really want to see this with Portals!

On my end, It's close to deserving it's own thread:

koth_fissure_a1_0330007.jpg

koth_fissure_a1_0330011.jpg

koth_fissure_a1_0330010.jpg

koth_fissure_a1_0330009.jpg

koth_fissure_a1_0330008.jpg

koth_fissure_a1_0330006.jpg

koth_fissure_a1_0330005.jpg

koth_fissure_a1_0330004.jpg

koth_fissure_a1_0330003.jpg

koth_fissure_a1_0330002.jpg

koth_fissure_a1_0330001.jpg

koth_fissure_a1_0330000.jpg

Phenomenal work arhurt =)

I think the lighting is a tad too dark for a TF2. This map can look really awesome after some color tweaks and more clutter!

Good job man~

Yeah I agree it's too dark, I should have mentioned in the original post that in this compile I forgot to add -Final so there are fewer light bounces that really help to clear the dark places a lot.

But I'm already planning on increasing the sun angle to shine more env light in the canyon. As for the cave, I'm going to make a few openings in the ceiling that should help a bit.

Thanks man!

I'm not at all too sure about having the control point in such a small confined place.

One of my objectives with this was to take the fight a little bit away from the Control Point and in the areas around the map, but I'll leave these things to discuss on it's own thread :) The train seen on the shots actually runs over the CP from time to time to encourage players out of there \o/

Thanks for the feedback.

I really hope you can access those really high areas

Unfortunately most of them are clipped off. I have to do this for gameplay reasons, since really high spots tend to make Demomen and soldiers really overpowered. I'm filling those areas with detail and props to make it clear to the player they are off-limits.

Of course.... some of them are accessible :roll: