Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Looks good Mino, but I don't get why everybody's saying it looks amazing. It's ok, but it looks very repetitive at the moment, could do with some variety.

Yup this is just the base which I'll use to build the full scene later on. Repetition will be broken once I add props and stuff. Think of this as just the bare bones of the scene :)

I also plan to achieve variety with lighting, which will be worked on once I import all of this to UDK. Cant wait to do that tbh, I'm pretty sure it looks like shit now compared to what it will look once I put this on UDK :celebrate:

I feel like a total fool asking this, but how do you get the tiled textures to follow the curved geometry like that (ceiling, floor, side "railings" on floor, etc.) and have the different set of tiled textures on the floor (layered textures and masks?).

I feel like a total fool asking this, but how do you get the tiled textures to follow the curved geometry like that (ceiling, floor, side "railings" on floor, etc.) and have the different set of tiled textures on the floor (layered textures and masks?).

I made a little tutorial, hope it helps:

tutorial_bend_en.jpg

As for the various textures on the same mesh I'm just using a multi/sub-object material with all my textures.

Thanks! Instead of doing a bend, wouldn't merging all the vertices to that corner point work just as well?

Gotta start learning max, it's what my uni will be using once I start this Fall.

No because you'd then have to manually position all the verts on the outer curve. Looking good Mino's, cant wait to see it with some more detail, I'd like to know the spaces purpose :P, it reminds me a bit of Fallout3 at the moment.

tutorial_bend_en.jpg

As for the various textures on the same mesh I'm just using a multi/sub-object material with all my textures.

When talking about precision you have to tell about Snap tool, snap to vertex and so on. When creating modular "puzzle" elements it's really important to keep the measures in proper values...

tutorial_bend_en.jpg

When talking about precision you have to tell about Snap tool, snap to vertex and so on. When creating modular "puzzle" elements it's really important to keep the measures in proper values...

Yes you can use snap to vertex/edit poly if you want. In fact I used to do that a lot but it's just a lot easier to move the gizmo until all vertexes align perfectly. You don't really need to move the gizmo by hand, you can use the up/down arrows in the transform tool! As I said, the more zoomed in you are in an ortographic view (top view for example), the more precise the tool gets.

I got all the vertexes to align perfectly in that mockup scene without having to move any vertexes by hand after the bend :)

Didnt knew really good where to post this. But this is a game that I have been working on for school the last 3-4 months with 3 other students. It is for the imaginecup contest of microsoft and we are in the second round and hopefully in the finale.

I was responsible for (programming and content) animations, hud, particles and sound.

screenshot_GameAkron.png

You have to build a tower to defend yourself from many nature disasters like rising water, lightning, tornados, meteors, ... You can do this by investing in new technologys. But every tehcnology has his own properties and functions.

Like to many dirty factorys who give resources will affect the speed of the rising water. We will be posting a demo in 2 weeks so you can check it out. It is made in Xna.

The gameplay is a mix of tower defends, tetris and age of empires.

tutorial_bend_en.jpg

Yes you can use snap to vertex/edit poly if you want. In fact I used to do that a lot but it's just a lot easier to move the gizmo until all vertexes align perfectly. You don't really need to move the gizmo by hand, you can use the up/down arrows in the transform tool! As I said, the more zoomed in you are in an ortographic view (top view for example), the more precise the tool gets.

I got all the vertexes to align perfectly in that mockup scene without having to move any vertexes by hand after the bend :)

i notice that the texture in the bend is slightly larger than on a plane. how do you go about solving this problem?