Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Got the basic structure of my Roundhouse level for TF2 sealed up and compiled after cleaning the hell out of my original blockout instances:

[attachment=0]arena_roundhouse_05-03.jpg[/attachment]

OMG nice, can't wait to see that textured. As a railroad fan I can find some annoying construction bugs but it doesn't matter in TF2 - that's not a realistic style game... Few days ago I was at the steam train depot. If you need some hi-res photo ref, just PM me :)

arenaroundhousemodifica.jpg

Wait... It's already textured? :) Maybe the light will take some depth from the walls :)

This is just a first pass of the basic shapes (the underside of the turntable is still just the dev grid texture) but that's really great feedback. I'd love to see any photos you have - what I've found to work from is ok, but some higher-res stuff would be fantastic.

I'm going to have to take some license with the central platform to make it a viable control point (who knows, it may not be) but some of what you're showing there may also help my concerns about how to make that a reasonable playable space, mainly the sloped outer edge.

Thanks much!

Brushwork looks good but you need to choose your textures waaay better... You have "grungy concrete wall" next to "carpet floor" next to "brick wall with water stains" next to "high tech lab'ish wall" next to "metal grating" etc etc I honestly can't figure out what that place is supposed to be. It sort of looks like a lab but I can't imagine a scientist wishing to work there. Looks like a reception area but there are computers sticking out of the walls. The ceiling even looks like something you would find in a sewer or water treatment facility :lol:

I know it's just a test but you need to work better on your theme.

Are you using texture lighting? It looks very flat, lighting is defo the biggest thing you can improve on that map area, try some blue lights with high contrast spotlights/floor/ceiling :idea:

Oh, don't mind me dear sirs.

But I got a problem you see :v

ololz.jpg

I'm tinkering around in my first 'map'

This damn light is to damn bright lol, and I did tone the whiteness down but it doesn't work like it does with the other lights I do it with >_> And ehh well, I usually set the color to a grey to make the light less hard, is there an other proper way of doing this btw? :-D

There's a numerical code that represents RGB values for example "200 100 100". There's also a fourth number that sets the brightness level in the entity. Set it lower to get lower brightness on that light.

This is my entry for TF2Maps CTF contest. I spent 15 hours on Friday (10am till 1am) basically crunching down to get everything done like the particles, 3D skybox, misc details and brushwork. Though I'm not completely happy with the result and I wasn't able to get everything done due to how silly Source is, I'm glad I got it out for the deadline and it was an interesting experience to work for such a long period of time under pressure. Twas a good motivator! :-D

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

screen3.jpg

screen4.jpg

screen5.jpg

Great map, Psy.

I ran around yesterday and I love the atmosphere, the gameplay seems pretty neat too. :D

I've been crafting something with the Galaxy Editor (Starcraft 2), it's pretty powerful. I can't seem to find where to set the fog though.

7dc00c59a0af165f9fff0b4df7c28tt.jpg

(the arrows are birds).

The natural/fortress cliffs can blend at the same level, unfortunately the seam is kind of horrible and I had to hide it.