Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

@sargemat, yep, that is the style I want to hint at in this map. A fantasy/mystic environment with a light touch of realistic textures.

@3Dnj, it is the default quake 3 engine with new textures, environment/VO sound and ton of models sprinkled all over the place. The map is designed to be a SP puzzle experience with plenty of places to explore. The map is in final beta at the moment and should be available soonly! :D

That's look better than usual Q3A levels... I asked some people to recompile Q3A's engine with new features like dynamic lights and normal mapping but after first look at the code few guys said that this is a code madness and it will be harder than they thought...

Took a break from ME2 this weekend to do a little more work. Think I'm finally happy with how it looks and just have some minor detailing to do to finish this off. C&C welcome as always. :)

Caved in subway tunnel:

CavedInTunnel.jpg

Dead Stranded on the platform:

DeadStranded.jpg

Tunnel from the platform to the station:

CorridorToStation.jpg

Slaughtered COG soldier room:

SlaughterRoom.jpg

Boss arena:

BossArena1.jpg

BossArena2.jpg

Here´s some stuff from "Volcano Bar" (this time not in pink ). We´re doing this one in our Crytek Lectures held by Sten Hübler and Alex Werner. The Task was to create a multiplayer racetrack and it´s my first experience with the Cry Engine. I am beginning to fall in love with Sandbox except for the file structure ;) Concerning the racetrack it´s almost up to Beta except for the harbor part. I´ll pass it to E-Freak for the Art Pass ( He´s already pimped the spawn and village a bit ) tomorrow and then it should actually start looking pretty.

Since there were no boundaries set storywise, It´s goes loosely like this: A bunch of psychobilly rockaby mercfehang out at the Volcano Bar when shit hits the fan and the North Koreans are staging a massive

Assault on the Island which just happens to house an improvised Aircraft Carrier Harbor. The US ships will be leaving the Island and guess what, there´s only three places left so the mercenaries decide by who wins

the race around the Island.

If somebody knows a quick workaround on how to have the cars not explode that fast, the psychobillies and I would be grateful.

It´s based on this and this Sketch.

vbarscr2.jpg

vbarscr1.jpg

Here´s a Runthrough:

Took a break from ME2 this weekend to do a little more work. Think I'm finally happy with how it looks and just have some minor detailing to do to finish this off. C&C welcome as always. :)

I don't know if it's my monitor settings, but the lighting seems really dark and flat. Don't be afraid to throw some really bright lights in there to give it some contrast. It kind of looks like you have some neat details in there, but it is hard to pick them out and I'm not sure where my eyes are supposed to be looking. Random stuff;

01 , 02 , 03 , 04

looks fine but i think this place could be much more interesting with better lighting. also: it looks like there's something wrong with the rendering of the smoke sprite in the 2nd shot :shifty:

Better lighting? You mean brighter? I wanted to have this dark and gritty, that Matrix look a lil bit. Also, what do ya mean smoke is broken? Maybe that shadow behind it makes it look all weird.