Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

Thanks for the comments, people, happy you like it!

first one is boring since pandora has different flora.

I'm not sure what to say... I simply suggest reading next time, as I cleary state (under a neat little headline!) that Hongzhou is a map for Crysis that I'm doing. I did not say I want it to be like Pandora, and I did not say I want it to look like Pandora. It's a jungle on Earth, not Pandora in outer space.

Good thing that other one looks more like Pandora, though, because that's what I wanted!

first one is boring since pandora has different flora.

but the second one is realy nice the hovering clifs are realy beautifull and the fog just fits.

Failing hard :lol:

rotfl!! xD ahahah, phail.

I just started working on this map this week with Gustav Engman. It may end up being a multiplayer map for the Crysis mod Casus Belli eventually. So far we've just worked on terrain and a bit of vegetation for the most part.

00002.jpg

I dare you to remove the de saturation bollocks that GoW uses and go your own way with the lighting. :)

I can post some screenshots without the desaturation filter on if you like. Anything else you might recommend on making it more visually scary? I know these shots are missing something to accomplish that, but I'm having a hard time nailing exactly what it is. I'm still in the process of doing more destruction, like caving in the far end of the train tracks, broken tiles, etc. to sell the deserted subway station idea.

I'm still pretty rookie at this, but want to make sure I'm doing all the right things from the get-go.

The premise is a different spin on introducing the Berserker from Gears 1 and having it be more intimidating than the Tomb level from the original game.