Marcos

WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

I'm pretty sure I have to use 1-bit alpha testing or else the overdraw will kill most computers, and thus it'll look more or less the same no matter what prop type I use. Thoughts, anyone?

Love the toxic colour filter; a bit of vignetting at the top might look good.

About the buttercups, I made some large dense fields for a BF2 mod (hence it needed to draw fast & work across specs) & the best solution was an irregular grid of very long polys (the width of the field & chest-high, 0.5m cells) textured with something like a 2048x256 1-bit alpha map. The key to getting nice transparency was to custom edit each mipmap level in photoshop, using things like unsharpmask followed by threshold to get the alphatest cutout perfect for each progressive mipmap.

To edit, there's an option in the nvidia dds p/shop loader to open mipmaps, & for saving there are more options where you can define how many levels of mips you want (try saving just 5 & see how sharp it looks).

Looking pretty nice there Swaty, I would break up the floor a bit with some trims + texture variations, the lighting still seems flat and not very interesting, perhaps a drastic color/sky change might help? That hard edge crack in the ground looks really meh too, either add more detail or lose it for some kind of metal grate? If you want the grass there remove the concrete all together so you're map has more contrast in colors.

611200ns2isuck.png

Trying to learn the spark editor and failing badly. was mainly wondering if some knew how to get rid of the verts/edges (hide them) in the editor as seen in the image above.

Perspective > Show edges

Looks familiar... ;)

Yeah, all TF2 maps look the same. There is no way to add custom textures?